Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New krag question (Read 1556 times)
Usedbushrat
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

New krag question
Feb 17th, 2006 at 2:53am
Print Post  
I just bought a sporterized Krag that seems to be in excellent condition.  it has an odd cutout on the left side with two thraded holes in the receiver.  Looks as if perhaps a receiver sight was once there.  i was hoping to post a photo but so far i didnt see how to do that. I could email photo to anyone who might like to offer a guess.

Anyway-my first krag, and i love it.  Why did I wait so long?

IP Logged

geezmo
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: New krag question
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2006 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Sure sounds like some sort of receiver sight set up. Some require wood to be cut, some don't. Addition of receiver sights is not at all uncommon on sporterized guns. What type of sight is on it now? What model and serial number? What barrel length? Many of these sporterized gun were cut to carbine length, some are real carbines. This could affect the desireability. Does it still have a wooden handguard on top of the barrel? Have you shot it yet? They are addictive, as you will learn.

IP Logged

Usedbushrat
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

Re: New krag question
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2006 at 4:27am
Print Post  
I think you are right about the receiver sight.
As to other details, lets see.  original cut down stock, nice cartouche still.  Excellent bore.  Side mounted (weaver) mount with Burris 4x.  23.5" barrel.  SN in 800K range.  No top handguard.  Nicely reblued but no markings anywhere except the Springfield Armory and SN.

As to shooting it...it has been subzero weather AND i've been stuck home with a  broken leg.  so no chance yet but VERY eager to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo