Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Rough Rider Ser#'s (Read 2300 times)
John Peeff
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Rough Rider Ser#'s
Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
I stand corrected on my previous post, there are known ser #s for two of the troops I and G not one (Mallory's book) In recent years  have researchers found more records and updated the data ie. 5Madfarmers etc ?

IP Logged

5MadFarmers
Ex Member

Re: Rough Rider Ser#'s
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:59pm
Print Post  

No.  Found a document on the issue of the issue on the ancillary equipment to them but not guns.  Different type of records really as the records I was going through are from another party.  While it's possible there could be such a record there I find it unlikely.  I'll know when I get through those but that won't be for some time.

I'm bumping into serial numbers but it's slow, few, and far between.  I'd rather not hijack your thread but I'll note that the bulk of the Krag serials I've ran into lately are guns which were captured by the other side in the Philippines and then recaptured.  For some odd reason I'd rather find one of those than a RR gun.  Don't know why - they just strike me as more interesting.  Money considerations aside.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo