Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Thumbs up? (Read 1184 times)
waterman
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Thumbs up?
Nov 21st, 2011 at 8:39am
Print Post  
I have only been on this forum a month and I have never seen a forum hit with so much spam.  I participate in 4 other forums and do not see this sort of spam on any of them.  Why target this group?  No political ranting that I have seen, only a bunch of guys interested in rifles from the 1890s. 

What is with the "Thumbs Up" symbol? 

Looks to me as if the spam is all coming from the same place.   Does this bother any other forum participants?

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Re: Thumbs up?
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
It comes and goes - I've learned to ignore it - and the admins have gotten really good about cleaning it up - used to have to tell them. Al Frasca's trapdoor collector board had a similar problem, and they installed a numerical riddle which had to be solved by a poster or the post would be rejected. Kind of a nuisance, but we've gotten used to it, and, it works. My only gripe here is that the "all caps" setting seems a little too sensitive - the whole post, yes, no one likes that, but to all-cap one word for emphasis, and have it rejected, is overkill.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo