Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
1916 Norwegian Krag Jorgenson info? near complete (Read 2800 times)
Brando
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

1916 Norwegian Krag Jorgenson info? near complete
May 12th, 2012 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, I'm new here andhave an interesting Norwegian meat with nearly 100% of original parts, including the brass muzzle cap. Only.off serial # I could find was the bolt. This piece belonged to a family member who has since passed away. I'm curious as to what something as complete and in this condition is worth. Any info would help, its stamped with 1916. I'll load a few pics. Thanks guys!

IP Logged

Brando
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 1916 Norwegian Krag Jorgenson info? near complete
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2012 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
A few more pics.

IP Logged

mussonor
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Your Krag M1912 karabin looks complete, even with the original sling. At the moment on Gunbroker, two is for sale. I would believe yours with the muzzle cover, sling and the rod intact, should at least bring $1000, perhaps more.

IP Logged

Brando
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2012 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Everything I've been able to find online points to it being the 1912. I had a guy at a gun show about two months back offer me $1,500 without batting an eye, said he was going to turn around and get between $2,500 & maybe up to $4,500, so I didn't sell. He said because of the condition, matching serial #'s on every piece but the bolt, original sling and brass muzzle cap, its unheard of to find one so complete in this codition from Norway. My brother is currently living in Norway so I am hoping he can help me out. If I do sell it I think it would be great to see it in the hands of someone who truly appreciates it. Thank you for your prompt response.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo