Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Krag Target rifle parts questions (Read 3749 times)
Don In SC
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Krag Target rifle parts questions
Nov 7th, 2013 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
Hi, My first post here and hope that I'm not stepping on any toes by asking for an oppion on the value of some target sights and rifle parts I have and no longer need.  And I've seen what the guy on Ebay is asking for some of these parts but that does not mean he's is getting that price so I'm under no illusion that these are made of gold.
So, if the pictures come out there are five M30 rear peeps, two complete including base and three that are "parts".  two front sights One complete from sight with barrel collar and I'm not at all sure for what model they belong too.  Maybe a sporter type rifle.  And some receiver parts bolts assembley and a couple different muzzle covers.  All are for the Norwegian rifle I think.  Thanks in advance for any help.  Donald

IP Logged

Don In SC
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Krag Target rifle parts questions
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Here are some pictures

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:11am
Print Post  
I think the magazine cut-off lever is for the U.S. Model 1896 Krag ($15-20).  The brass front sight protector -muzzle cap is Norwegian ($35-60).  The 'm-1912' rear sling swivel (marked with tape - $30-50).  I think the two steel front sight/muzzle protectors are both German ($15-20).  The Norwegian magazine door ($20-25).  The hinge pin ($25).  The trigger guard ($20).  The follower and some bolt parts may be U.S.  The 'peep' sights and parts (????).  They are probably in great demand in Norway.  {My humble opinion and experience on value of parts.  A part is 'Gold' if you need it!}.

IP Logged

Don In SC
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Thanks very much.  It's very possible that the bolt is US.  I got all of these in a trade with both a Norwegian and US Krag.  I was told the parts were all for the Norwegian but I've sold the rifles as ammo was much too expensive for my taste. is there an easy way to tell if the bolt parts are US, i.e. markings or shape of parts to go by?  The sights listed online that I've found are listed for well over 400USD, I just don't see the value even if they are hard to come by.  But I've been wrong before.

butlersrangers wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:11am:
I think the magazine cut-off lever is for the U.S. Model 1896 Krag ($15-20).  The brass front sight protector -muzzle cap is Norwegian ($35-60).  The 'm-1912' rear sling swivel (marked with tape - $30-50).  I think the two steel front sight/muzzle protectors are both German ($15-20).  The Norwegian magazine door ($20-25).  The hinge pin ($25).  The trigger guard ($20).  The follower and some bolt parts may be U.S.  The 'peep' sights and parts (????).  They are probably in great demand in Norway.  {My humble opinion and experience on value of parts.  A part is 'Gold' if you need it!}.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:48am
Print Post  
If the bolt has a serial #, it's Norwegian.  If not, it's U.S. ($35-50).  The bolt sleeve and extractor look to be Norwegian ($30).  The Firing pin rod looks to be a commercial one without a 'cocking-piece' knob ($5).  I think the firing pin (striker) is U.S. ($25).  In my opinion, the diopter (target) sights would best sell on ebay or gunbroker auction sites (International exposure).

IP Logged

Don In SC
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Thanks, all the bolt parts have a three digit number stamped into them.  Even the striker has it stamped on the inside. Numbers match on the internal parts but not the bolt body.  You very well may be correct about selling the parts on ebay but I do not sell to overseas buyers.  I'm not interested in trying to figure out the State Dept. rules on fire arms parts and whom and where they can be sold/shipped to.  I most likely will just posted them up on gun boards forums as I have a high post count there and let someone buy them all and part them out as they wish.  thanks again for your kind assistances.  Donald

butlersrangers wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 1:48am:
If the bolt has a serial #, it's Norwegian.  If not, it's U.S. ($35-50).  The bolt sleeve and extractor look to be Norwegian ($30).  The Firing pin rod looks to be a commercial one without a 'cocking-piece' knob ($5).  I think the firing pin (striker) is U.S. ($25).  In my opinion, the diopter (target) sights would best sell on ebay or gunbroker auction sites (International exposure).

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Don In SC:  You might consider using the 'Classifieds' here, on the KCA site.  It would be interesting to see a picture of the 'cleaning rod' in your photos with the wrapping taken off.  That might be a real gem.  That 'knob-less' Firing Pin Rod is interesting.  It must be intended to speed-up lock time on a Match Rifle.  It must be a challenge to assemble and take apart a Krag bolt with no 'cocking-piece' knob!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo