Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
When I was a 'Cap Gun Fighter'. (Read 3172 times)
butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

When I was a 'Cap Gun Fighter'.
Apr 18th, 2015 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
During a recent visit to my local gun shop, I noticed a box on the floor behind the counter. I saw the tell tale gleam of plated zinc die cast. The salesman/friend was kind enough to let me look through the assortment of Hubley 'Dick Tracy' semi-autos and other basic cap guns. He showed interest, when I reminisced about the cap gun ordnance of the 1950s and 1960s. It got me thinking about my early (long gone) prized possessions.

I have been interested in Guns as far back as I can remember. When I was a Kid, we spent countless hours playing 'Army' and 'Cowboys and Indians'. We fantasized about being with Davy Crockett at the Alamo. My favorite TV programs were 'The Lone Ranger', 'Rin Tin Tin', and 'Sgt. Preston of the Yukon'. I had quite a collection of toy guns. The more realistic they were the better. My early preference was my (Plymouth, Michigan made) Daisy air rifle. With my Nichols Stallion 38, I was a force to be reckoned with! I was a sneaky Kid and had a Nichols Derringer, later to be supplemented with a Mattel 'swing-out' Derringer Belt Buckle. For Fire Power, I had a Mattel Grease Gun and Browning 50 caliber.

I always wanted a Mattel Rolling Block. A friend had one and it was sweet. Near the end of my career, I had a Mattel Winchester Saddle-Gun, which I wore out. But, best of all was my Hubley 45, full sized with a handsome leather gun belt! It hung on my bed post and was my prize, until I reached my teens and it sadly became an embarrassment.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: When I was a 'Cap Gun Fighter'.
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Regrettably, I kept none of this ordnance or packaging. They are now worth the value of a lot of my real guns!
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:42pm by butlersrangers »  

IP Logged

cdagnese
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: When I was a 'Cap Gun Fighter'.
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Remember it well, along with my black Hopalong Cassidy outfit (at 5 years old).  This photo was taken in 1950.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2015 at 12:47pm by cdagnese »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint