Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
look what I found. (Read 2498 times)
patrickmuse
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

look what I found.
Jul 27th, 2016 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Came across this weapon on a trade. Turrns out it may be a "Stomperud". There is not much info on the web on these and would love any info on this cool rifle. Pics will follow.

Ok pics are t happening, at least not from my iPhone. I will describe what I have.
It's been sported out so the top hand guard as well as the barrel bands are missing. The stock has been sanded so no markings there.
The original serial was removed and replaced with a new serial, 941 which has a NC above it. Under the serial is a stamp C on top of a B.
The sights and bolt do not match. It has the 24 barrel and the bayonet lug. The sight hood is missing but is machined for one.
I would be glad to send pics to an email that will accept the file size if someone wants pics.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2016 at 5:09pm by patrickmuse »  

IP Logged

patrickmuse
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: look what I found.
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
In the first pic you can see the date and original markings along with the NC and new serial. The second pic shows a waffenamp on tbe barrel and there is one in that smear of polyethylene from the stock. The pics are bad from my tablet, sorry.

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: look what I found.
Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
I have never owned or even handled any of the European Krags. It is easy to imagine they would show the same craftsmanship and smoothness of the American ones. We would be interested in seeing more of the details of yours.
On getting photos to acceptable size limits using Internet Explorer I right click on the photo and about 3 down on the menu is "edit", choose that and the photo come up in paint brush. Over on the left side of the menu is a resize menu. Usually 95 to 98% reduction works for me. I start out with 98% , after saving it with a different title, I check to see if I got enough reduction. If not I delete it and edit the original again till I get it small enough. There are probably other ways to reduce a photo but this is easy for me and works with what I have on hand.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint