Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
WTS: 1898 Rifle with Criterion barrel SOLD (Read 3430 times)
Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

WTS: 1898 Rifle with Criterion barrel SOLD
Aug 26th, 2016 at 12:12pm

I have for sale a rifle that I had a Criterion barrel mounted on.   I will include all the metal parts for the stock and receiver except the front band and trigger.  I did locate a sear and sear spring which I will include.  The barrel was made by Criterion and has about 200 rounds through it.  The headspace checks out as good.  The barrel was blued by Glenrock Bluing in Wyoming.  I mounted the front sight by fitting the sight stand into the dovetail and then threading a set screw through it to keep it tight.    The receiver is in really nice condition and so is the bolt which is complete.  As you can tell from the photos, there is an older Lyman sight mounted on this receiver.  The sight works as it should but there is no pointer on it to show elevation.   The stock is not in great shape but is usable .  The previous owner put a goofy finish on it that I was going to take off and redo, but I don’t have the time for this kind of work.  You can just see a P in a circle on it but no other marks and there is an area of the stock that was cut out for a rear receiver sight.  As far as I can tell there are no cracks in this stock.
$400.00 takes all, plus probably $25 - $50 for a case and shipping.   Contact me with any questions.

Rick Humphreys

motorcop@wi.rr.com
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2016 at 10:06am by Tom Butts »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo