Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Righteous unaltered 1892 Krag discovered (Read 2483 times)
sds1861
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Righteous unaltered 1892 Krag discovered
Jan 12th, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I am an antique gun collector, not a Krag collector, but just purchased a small antique gun collection and guess what was included.  An absolutely correct and untouched 1892 Krag rifle type 2 in the low 1500 serial range.  I have Brophy's Krag book in my arms library and every single part on the gun is correct.  It also appears that the gun has never been apart.  The only disassembly that I have done or will do is to remove the butt plate to verify that there was not a hole drilled in the stock.  The rifle grades fine to excellent condition with a beautiful stock w/cartouche and hand guard, considerable blue on the barrel, receiver metal a mixed silver/grey color.  Just thought you guys would be interested to know that there are still a few out there. 
Steve Stevens  812-459-2234  sds1861@aol.com   

PS: I tried to load some photos, but my files are too large.  If anyone is interested in some photos, I will email directly to you.  Just send me a private email to the address listed above.
Steve

PS: I originally thought that the serial number on this rifle was 1590, but upon close inspection of the receiver number, the 1 looked like it could be a 7.  So, I went to the loading gate number and verified that it is definitely 7590.  Just for the record.
Steve
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:45pm by sds1861 »  

IP Logged

h8pvmnt
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Rightous unaltered 1892 Krag discovered
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Your Post Really would be better with some pictures. But thanks for sharing that is an awesome find.

Mike W.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Righteous unaltered 1892 Krag discovered
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum!

Pictures would provide a world of Krag enjoyment to all of the Krag enthusiasts here!!!  It's not often you see an 1892 in original configuration.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Righteous unaltered 1892 Krag discovered
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Here are two pictures of Steve's rifle for your viewing pleasure.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint