Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
WTS: 1899 Carbine Sold (Read 3552 times)
Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

WTS: 1899 Carbine Sold
May 27th, 2017 at 1:44am

REDUCED to $550 or best REASONABLE offer!! Sold

Offered for sale is an 1899 Krag carbine.  It is nearly all original.  It is #354812 (no SRS “hit”)

First the “good:

1) An original M1901 carbine rear sight with the “C”.

2) Strong 1901 JSA inspection stamp

3) Barrel and chamber are shiny and pristine

Now, the “bad”:

1) This was in the possession of someone who probably, from appearances, stored this in a shed with a dirt floor.

2) One side of the stock has had “tunnels” in it from crawling insects

3) The outside of the barrel is severely pitted and corroded

4) Part of the handguard (left side) has been broken off

5) Damage to the stock forward of the trigger guard.

I have attached pictures.  It is functional, although the rear sight has some corrosion.  I have fired this rifle, but I would have to say you would do so at your own risk, if you buy it.  It seems extremely “clean” on the inside (bore, chamber, etc.  I think this would be a restorable rifle and possibly the stock and handguard might be salvageable.  There were two sling swivels added.
For those of you who would like a Krag carbine but don’t want to pay the $1500-2000 prices they go for, this might be a cheap alternative or introduction to these fascinating (and addicting!) rifles.

It does need to be shipped to an FFL or C&R. 

You can contact me through this forum or at slatercottage@gmail.com , if you have questions, an offer or would like to see photos.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2017 at 10:28am by Ned Butts »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo