Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
lyman 310 reloading tool (Read 1895 times)
carbon outlaw
KCA Forum Member

carbon outlaw

lyman 310 reloading tool
Jun 30th, 2017 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Here is something to consider ... I want to reload ammunition for my Krag 30-40 but I don't have a lot of money or a lot of room ... The Lyman 310 reloading tool is your answer along with a lee power measure box of primers can of power reloading manual some bullets and your all set to make accurate high quality ammunition ... The reloading manual and Lyman 310 you can get on EBAY and your all set ... Its a lot of fun to reload for a 100 year old gun with 100 year old reloading tool ... give it a go ...

IP Logged

reincarnated
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: lyman 310 reloading tool
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Bought mine just like that in 1965, when I was just out of the USN & going to college.  I still use it.  But my first powder was HiVel #2.

IP Logged

carbon outlaw
KCA Forum Member

carbon outlaw

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2017 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
What I found is I got better accuracy using the 310 and power dippers then using a bench reloading press and a power scale ... it only dose neck resizing so you have to use the same ammunition with the same gun ... Another  advantage  advantage is I have used the same brass hundreds of times with out any splitting ...

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I have used my fathers old 30-06 310 tool to load for the 30/40 in the past. It worked very well. My father used a sawed off case with a copper wire soldered to it for a powder measure then dumped the powder onto a Pacific scale pan to finalize. It was a good system and I did the same for another reduced load.
I did lap out the neck sizing die so as to not over work the brass and made a couple of expander dies for different styles of bullets. The threads are odd ball but not that difficult to duplicate.

IP Logged

reincarnated
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
There is an establishment (maybe in a basement or garage) called "The 310 Shop", selling used dies & parts, and also, IIRC, new dies.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint