Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Theodore Roosevelt Match (Read 14666 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Theodore Roosevelt Match
Reply #15 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Well?  How did the vintage match go?

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Well.... Lousy for me, but great for others!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Had a great dinner... and an even better time this evening with fellow KCA Kragsters Madsenshooter, Cat Man, TexTenn59, Culpeper, and Stretch32. 

Tomorrow, we'll take San Juan Hill by storm and show all the others how it's done!!!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Well... We had an incredible Roosevelt Commemorative Match today.  There were 97 total shooters, and more than half were shooting Krags, including a 99 carbine!  Saw many old friends, and made several new friends.  We had a nice group of 10 KCA members taking shots side by side.  At one point I looked around to notice that there were a line of 12 Krags all shooting side by side!  Looks like our beloved Krag Rifles ruled the day!!!

From top left:  My son Ron, Wayne (TexTenn59), Greg Hill, US Navy Lt. Greg (Stretch32), Randy Ent, and a couple new Krag friends.  From bottom left:  Jeff (Cat Man), Me, Paul (Culpeper), Dave Graham, the shooter with the carbine, and Bob (Madsenshooter).

IP Logged

mr.tickle
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #19 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Glad to see it went well and the Krag was well represented!

I'm just here for the food...

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #20 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Guys, I had a blast.  It was a last minute, spur of the moment thing for me but Camp Perry 2017 or Bust happened.

Now I just need to get some eye balls and a lot of range time.  Didn't have the lowest score but, golly, I think I did have the oldest rifle on the line.

Special thanks goes out to CAT Man for his patience and advise to a noob.  I'll shoot better next year.  Do you know where I can find an Earthworm like the one Botts had?

Hmmmm.  Just noticed they do not list which rifle was used in the match whether Krag or that other Springfield product.

So I guess this years Mook trophy goes to CATMan

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #21 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Congratulations to all and special 'kudos' to Jeff 'Cat Man' for Dressing the Part!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #22 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Here's one of Jeff - Cat Man...

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #23 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
I'd like to see again the way Catman was showing that young pilot how to use a 1907 sling!  I'd also like to have one of those 1923 web slings Culpepper had on his rifle!  I had a good time, but didn't do so good.  Dropped from 2016's 250, way down to a 197!  Started out with a good 87-1 but was having a problem with the two pair of glasses it took to get some focus on the front sight.  Before next year, I'll have some specs and more of the vermin that are causing the visual problem gone.  It might help to get more practice too.  This was the only time since last year's Roosevelt that I'd shot the Parked Krag under match conditions, ie other than off the bench.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #24 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
A couple shots of Culpepper's Krag, and Stretch32 trying to figure out what he just learned from Cat Man about the 1907 sling.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #25 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
If it's like last years Vintage results, in time the CMP will add what rifle the competitors were shooting.  Their clerks have to have something to do when we're not around!  Oops, data entry operators, not clerks.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #26 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
madsenshooter wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 12:07pm:
I'd like to see again the way Catman was showing that young pilot how to use a 1907 sling!  I'd also like to have one of those 1923 web slings Culpepper had on his rifle!  I had a good time, but didn't do so good.  Dropped from 2016's 250, way down to a 197!  Started out with a good 87-1 but was having a problem with the two pair of glasses it took to get some focus on the front sight.  Before next year, I'll have some specs and more of the vermin that are causing the visual problem gone.  It might help to get more practice too.  This was the only time since last year's Roosevelt that I'd shot the Parked Krag under match conditions, ie other than off the bench.

I think CAT Man needs to put together a super secret KCA only teaching video on the 1907 sling.  ...and I am unanimous in that.

You should have said something to me about the sling up there.  You could have had that one.  I only have ten others.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #27 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 3:44am
Print Post  
After reading some reviews I found online, maybe I better not get one.  I gotta keep things simple, so I have a 56" Turner 1907 and only use the upper loop, which fits between the swivels close to being taut.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #28 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 9:56am
Print Post  
I'm thinking that for next year... we'll need a cool team name, like The KCA Rough Riders.  Something that says we're all KCA would be nice!

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #29 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
How about "THE KCA MILD BUNCH", " KCA Kontemptibles", or "Perry and the Jorgensens" ?

OK -two more: "McKinley Rifles", "KCA Civilizers", or "The Krag-Jorgensen Shooting Society".

Or: "Jorgensen Jockeys".
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:29pm by butlersrangers »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint