Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Rambling around the loading bench. #1 (Read 1497 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Rambling around the loading bench. #1
Jul 21st, 2017 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Being of sound mind and body I do will all of...  Oh I didn't see you come in.  Pull up a seat and I'll be right with you.  ...my belly button and pocket lint to the Lint Pickers Union Local 857.

It is a lucky thing you showed up.  I need help picking up my loading press.  Darn that lumbago. Yep. it is heavy.  It's a Corbin Mega-Mite.  Quit yer complaining and don't drop it on your foot.  Seventy pounds isn't that much.  Bought it back in ought nine to reload the big fifty bmg brass.  Figured I could load twenty two long rifle just as well. 

Hand me my glasses.  No, the ones I see with and not the scotch and waters.  Yes.  Two hands and two glasses is a coincidence.  Today I am gonna load for my Krags and the Winchester.  Already have the primers in and have to fill them up.  That's where you come in.  Reach over to the other shelf and get the bottle that is labelled IMR 4350. 

No.  The brown one next to the madeira.  That's right.  So just to get you up to speed I am filling the brass with forty grains of powder and using a Sierra two hundred and twenty grain round nosed bullet on top.

How many?  I haven't checked.  Time to get you started. Give me a nudge when you get done.  Hand me my glasses.  No, the other ones.  Yes. Two hands and two glasses is a coincidence.

Huh? Wha?  You're finished?  How long has it been?  Three hours.  I have to say they look real pretty.  You did good.  One hundred and forty cartridges.  You don't say.

Looks like we have enough to go around for a couple hours of shooting.  Now help me get the press off the bench.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Rambling around the loading bench. #1
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2017 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Listen, Mr. Comedian...  Grab those rounds you just loaded... yer 1896/98 rifle... a bottle of single malt (as a gift to me), and get yer azz to Perry!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint