Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 30/40 krag rifle parts (Read 5450 times)
carbon outlaw
KCA Forum Member

carbon outlaw

30/40 krag rifle parts
Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
OK here is a question my be some could answer ???? When I got my first Krag about 10 years ago it was missing the sights so I looked every where and could find any ... Now for the last two years they have krag part on EBAY for sale hunderds of them Its like they bought someone arsenal and disassembling them and selling parts ... Where are they coming from ??? When I was at the last gun show they had stacks of receivers they were selling ... Im not sure how long this supply of parts will last so I have been stocking up ... thanks Carbon Outlaw

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 30/40 krag rifle parts
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Maybe all these used parts became worth less when they found out how many new parts Movieman has available!
Pardon if I did not get his name right I am getting old and forgetful.

If you can snag a damaged receiver for next to nothing let me know as I would like to have one in hand when questions come up on this forum.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
There is a guy in Florida (on 'overpay') and a guy in the Pacific NW (on 'GunBreaker'), who seem to be disassembling Krags faster than Springfield made them. IMHO - this is wrong.

FWIW - Krag parts are quite robust.

I have a selection of spare parts, but, outside of repairing broken, damaged, or incomplete rear-sights, I have only changed things for cosmetic reasons: (buggered screws, Social Security # scratched into butt-plate & magazine-gate, replace commercial sight blades).

Good Krag barrels and stocks & hand-guards are probably what most of us need.

IP Logged

Robidouxs
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
I have been watching for a few years to see if the Krag receivers associated with these parts are being sold by an FFL.  I have not noticed it yet.  This leads me to believe that these receivers are either destroyed, being held back for sale until a later date, are being sold exclusively at gun shows or certain gunshops, or have never existed. 

Where did you see the stacks of Krag receivers for sale that you referenced?

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
I have a FB friend from Texas who has several receivers (as far as I know, he's not on this forum).  He purchases them on EBay and GB.  He uses them along with parts he has acquired to resurrect rifles, usually repairing cutdown stocks in the process.  He's very careful to make them faithful, and does NOT fake cartouches or misrepresent what they are.  My guess would be that he is purchasing the receivers from the guys in FL and Pacific NW that are stripping them.

IP Logged

Philngruvy
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
FredC wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 10:18pm:
Maybe all these used parts became worth less when they found out how many new parts Movieman has available!
Pardon if I did not get his name right I am getting old and forgetful.

I see a listing on Ebay for cleaning rods and an oiler, posted by a Movieman630.  Is this the same movieman you are referring to?  He claims these are original parts, not reproductions.  Does anybody know if this is correct?

"The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back."
Al Swearengen, from "Deadwood"

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
'Movieman630' is the grandson of the late Joe DeChristopher, (who was a noted authority and seller of original U.S. gun parts).

'Movieman630' is listed in the KCA Classifieds (above) as "Granpa's Gun Parts". He is knowledgeable and is selling inventory inherited from his Grandfather.

Check KCA Classifieds for the link to his catalog. The prices may be better than eBay. He sells for a 'buy now' (fixed) price and postage is included.

I have bought some items from him and have been very satisfied.

His Krag cleaning rod sections and oil bottles are legit and a good value.

IP Logged

Philngruvy
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the information.  I am glad to have the advice and help from all of you on KCA.

"The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back."

IP Logged

Local Boy
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
The gun store where I purchased the 2 1901 carbine and the questionable 1896 hybrid sights has a box with used Krag parts that I rummage through from time to time.  Lotsa complete triggers, few gates, many side plates, few bolts, etc.  Many of the parts have serial numbers which I'm guessing to be Norwegian Krag parts. Would I be correct in my assumption???

I'm thinking about purchasing the whole lot along with a wooden box full of Model 1917 Enfield parts.  I say Enfield because most folks know those rifles as such.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Numbered Krag parts are likely Norwegian or Danish.

However, some early U.S. model 1892 Krag-Jorgensen parts were numbered.

Desirable parts can be like Gold.

IP Logged

Philngruvy
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:15am
Print Post  
butlersrangers wrote on Sep 3rd, 2017 at 2:13pm:
'Movieman630' is the grandson of the late Joe DeChristopher, (who was a noted authority and seller of original U.S. gun parts).

'Movieman630' is listed in the KCA Classifieds (above) as "Granpa's Gun Parts". He is knowledgeable and is selling inventory inherited from his Grandfather.

Check KCA Classifieds for the link to his catalog. The prices may be better than eBay. He sells for a 'buy now' (fixed) price and postage is included.

I have bought some items from him and have been very satisfied.

His Krag cleaning rod sections and oil bottles are legit and a good value.

I bought and received the cleaning rods and oiler and I am very happy with these.  Thanks for the endorsement.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint