Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Antiques no longer antiques? (Read 9098 times)
madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Antiques no longer antiques?
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
It was mistake to put BATF under the DOJ.  They are the weavers of this tangled web.  BATF doesn't help a lot, you can call in and get different answers to the same question, depending on who you connect with.

IP Logged

Fred G.
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2017 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Dick Hosmer wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 1:53pm:
Think a Krag is bad - a couple of years ago, I had to go the full paper hassle, including waiting period, and de facto "registration, on a Model 1868 .50-70!! Of course, I do live in the PRK. If I had not snared a great rarity at a very fair price, I'd have told them to f-off.

Number 62 ! Wow!   Cheesy

IP Logged

reincarnated
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 1:52am
Print Post  
I was at the same place as Mr. Hosmer, trying to buy a Cadet trapdoor.  I was polite, but only just.  Salesman told me that the owner & BATF had a major argument.  BATF was looking for an excuse to put them out of business.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 12:38am
Print Post  
The 1894 Norwegian barreled action, serial #32, that was the reason I started this thread, was sold after several weeks.  It sure would have looked nice in the stock I bought not long ago, it was also Steyr made.  But I had no good reason to pay someone for something not needed.  If only Obama hadn't messed with my C&R via his unlawful executive order!  Oh well, I'd have needed another stock for my Stomperud project if I'd have got the 94.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint