Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
A movie with Modern Reloading scene (Read 2865 times)
butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

A movie with Modern Reloading scene
Dec 1st, 2017 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I always enjoyed movies like "Quigley Down Under" which feature neat guns, accurate shooting, and display reloading cartridges.

Movie scenes I recall, that showed cartridges being reloaded, involved large calibers, Black Powder, and earlier times.

Tonight, I saw the movie "Wind River", an action packed murder investigation set on a Reservation in Wyoming.

The main character, Cory Lambert, is played by actor Jeremy Renner (Hurt Locker). Cory is a Hunter for the Fed. Wildlife Service. He reloads at a neatly laid out bench in a corner of his Living Room. Two scenes are set against the backdrop of reloading equipment and supplies.

No Krags in the movie, but, Cory touts a large caliber Marlin 'Lever Gun' and makes every 'smokeless' round count!

(p.s. -My wife really enjoyed the movie and it was shown at 'Free Movie Night' at our local library - Life's Good)!
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2017 at 2:59pm by butlersrangers »  

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: A movie with Modern Reloading scene
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 3:29am
Print Post  
There's a movie called Silver Bullet with Corey Haim and Gary Busey.  At one point, Gary Busey has a guy in a gun shop make him a 38 Spl round with a silver bullet.  It shows him casting the bullet and then loading the round.  Sort of a cheesy movie, but entertaining none-the-less.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: A movie with Modern Reloading scene
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 4:13am
Print Post  
Not a Movie, but, a cool read is "Rifleman Dodd".

It is an historical novel set in Portugal, during the Napoleonic Wars. There is a scene where several French soldiers melt plundered silverware and coins to cast Silver Musket Balls.

A lone Green Coated Rifleman is inflicting mayhem on their unit, at considerable distance, with his Baker Rifle. The Frenchmen are convinced he is a Demon. They resort to the "silver bullet" to rid themselves of this supernatural enemy.

"Rifleman Dodd", (English title is: "Kill the French"), by C.S. Forester, (Author of the Hornblower / Royal Navy series). Forester also wrote "Sailor of the King" which was made into a Movie. It features rifleman vs. Pocket Battleship, no reloading though!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint