Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 New member (Read 6885 times)
butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: New member
Reply #15 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Charles - I am sorry, but, it appears to me your Krag front-sight base has been 're-shaped' and 're-attached', likely to a shortened rifle barrel. The front sight blade is not shaped correctly. Also, your muzzle 'crown' does not look quite right.

This is fine for a 'Shooter', but, further impacts its desirability as a collector piece.

Attached is a photo showing how a Krag carbine front-sight and muzzle area should appear.

IP Logged

carbon outlaw
KCA Forum Member

carbon outlaw

Re: New member
Reply #16 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I got to get my 2 cents in also ... Muuummmm a1000 dollars complete rifels like this use to see for a lot more at gun shows ... Yeee it would have given a 1k for it if it was my first gun .. 30-40 krag is my very favorite gun to shoot and has proven to be the most accurate iron sight gun I own .. Thease people in the foram have a combined knolage of krag rifles that is unbelievable amount of knolage and facts .. There the best source I know... You got to be brass and load up some amo and go shooting now .. And start learning about krags and go shopping for you next one and become a krag collector ... Theres a lot of stuff out there good luck ... Carbon Outlaw ....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint