Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Quick Bayonet Question! (Read 1408 times)
Andy_collects
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Quick Bayonet Question!
Feb 4th, 2018 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Hello all! Apologies in advance if this isn’t the best spot for this... Hopefully it’s alright.

I have cycled through a few Krag rifles and a substantial number of their bayonets, and spent a lot of my research time on them. What I am looking for some help with, would be the stats for the M1900 Krag “Bowie bayonet”

I have several varying, conflicting sources for correct length in several areas.
One in a museum has been measured at 12.3 inches, however I am finding a lot of people citing a 13.75” or 13 and 11/16 inch, overall length. Any insight on which is correct? I have reference books going both ways as well.

A more difficult number, is the blade length. Varying reports seem to be in the 8.9-9.3 inch range. Again, I have books and first hand reports going both ways...

I am eyeballing the one available on eBay, currently and am really on the fence about it. As to whether it’s real or not. The numbers seem correct, from what he told me in his message. But the date, on the blade looks a little iffy, and the length/shape between the hilt, and the edge seems off...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Again, sorry if this is a poor spot to put this/otherwise not how it should be...
Thanks!

IP Logged

Ned Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Re: Quick Bayonet Question!
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 1:55am
Print Post  
From the book "The US Krag Bayonets" by Donald Hartman pages 176-177 "Krag 'Bowie' blue print"the blade is shown at 9".10, the  text says 9 1/8 inches long, 1 3/4 inches wide at the widest point and approximately 1/8 thick. Over all length is listed as 13 3/4 inches

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint