Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Camp Perry 2018 (Read 7264 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Camp Perry 2018
Reply #15 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Now I am not promising anything mind you but, and it is a very tiny but, I might be able to come in dead last on the Krag line again this year.

I am looking at an opportunity to make a backside load of moola just like in the good ol' days in 2005 Iraq and the timing would put me in the glorious country and nation state of Ohio.

Will keep you informed.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
You make it for dinner and the match... and we'll fix you up with a dozen vestal virgins, and a camel for your tent!

Or, at least some great brotherhood with your good ole buddies!  Gonna be one for the books!

Now if I could only get Chuck to come too...

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Got registered today, Roosevelt, unlimited Garand, and vintage.  I'll likely use the K31 in vintage.  The coat is shaping up to a cross of a couple vintage coats, an old Champion's Choice that's going to have some really nice leather pads from an equally old but little used 10X jacket put on it.  Old buckles that get in the way will be going and I'll fasten up with velcro.  It's sun bleached and raggedy, but at this stage, I'm not buying anything new!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Just a reminder to all of our wonderful Krag shooters out there...

The Roosevelt Commemorative Match at Camp Perry is a mere 4 weeks away!  I'm going to arrange a reservation at the same restaurant as last year.  Dinner will be Thursday evening before the match.  All are welcome!  I'd like to get a rough number though... so even if you think you might come, please let me know.

Thanks very much.
Paul

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2018 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
My registration has been updated.  I'll be shooting one of those pogo-stick looking things Thursday AM.  Maybe with the lighter weight and a scope I can hit something other than the lake!

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #20 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Ok all, I've made the reservation for dinner the evening before the Roosevelt Match.  Just like last year, we'll be at Dock's:

Dock's Beach House Restaurant
252 W Lakeshore Dr.
Port Clinton, OH 43452
(419) 732-6609

The reservation is for 6:30 PM on Thursday, August 2nd.  Everyone is welcome!!!

Last year, we had about ten who made it.  Let's see more this year!  I hope to see you all there!!!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #21 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Well?  How did you guys do in the Roosevelt (spit) match?

How many of last year's gang showed up and shot the might Krag?

Culpeper

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #22 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Well, there were five of us at dinner.  Not sure how many shot Krags at the Roosevelt, but I saw a lot of them!  We had a great time too!!!

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #23 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I shot the Garand with a fellow who recently purchased a 98, but didn't bring it this year.  He said he'll have it ready next year.  He was at the Roosevelt, but pulling targets for someone.  Don't do that next year, no matter how much they offer!  Let me think, guy's name was Fred I believe.  If it turns out I'm right, it'll be a miracle, always had problems remembering names.  In any case, we can count on at least one more next year, but I suspect there will be many others.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint