10 Camp Perry 2018 (Read 7201 times)
psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Camp Perry 2018
Mar 2nd, 2018 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Howdy fellow shooters!

It looks like registrations are already open for the National Rifle Matches at Camp Perry.  I'm planning on registering this weekend.  I sure hope that the group who shot with me last year wants to team up again... as I really had a great time! 

I'm also planning on having a reservation for dinner the night before the Roosevelt again this year.  Last year, we had a dozen meet for dinner and then shoot the Roosevelt together the next day... and I hope we can top that this year! 

These are the match dates and times I'm going to register for:
1. Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match - Friday, 3 August 2018, Morning on Viale Range.
2. John C. Garand Rifle Match - Saturday, 4 August 2018, Morning on Viale Range.
3. Vintage Rifle Match - Sunday, 5 August 2018, Morning on Viale Range.
4. Springfield Rifle Match - Sunday, 5 August 2018, Afternoon on Viale Range.

I will make a reservation for dinner, most likely at the same restaurant, for Thursday evening, 2 August 2018.  I sure hope many of you make it this year to dine and chat about all things Krag! 

Let's make this year the best yet!!!

Paul

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Camp Perry 2019 or bust
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Won't be able to surprise anyone this year.  I will miss the shoot by a couple of days if I stay here for my 365 and by a month if I take vacation.

But me and ol' 112 will be with you guys in spirits.  Mostly gin.  Ur.  I mean spirit.  *hic*

Any one know where I can find a Holt Artillery tractor for cheap?

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Kerz
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Camp Perry 2018
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Hey Paul,
Yelp we'll be at Perry again this year.  We arrive for the CMP Cup matches and depart after the Games.  Shooting everything in between except small arms school.  Plans are: to stay on base RV location. 
I'll try and do a better job of finding you this year.
I can't commit to dinner just yet. 

I sure hope my Krag performance runs a little (read as "a lot") smoother this year.  My rebarreled 98 just didn't workout as planned last year and it's back at the gunsmith now.  Actually it's been there about six months. 
I spent most of my pre-trip time with the AR, 03A3 and Garand, so I got caught by a few surprises! Grin

But the good news is I got another 1898 that is in pretty nice shape.  I shot a few loads through it this week.  Waiting for some decent weather to get some 200 yd groups and zeros.

Vic

Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

IP Logged

TexTenn59
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, i will miss Perry this year.  Got the opportunity to "retire" early, so took the money and ran back home to Texas. 
Got a new job and in process of relocating.  On one hand, not looking forward to rebuilding my hobby shop, but on the other hand the next one will be better!

The extra 7 hours of travel time is a hurdle to overcome.  May be stuck with the Oklahoma Games. Sad  Will have to see what 2019 brings.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2018 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
That's a bummer!!!  We're gonna miss having you with us this year.  Keep things open to 2019!!!

IP Logged

TexTenn59
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 2:29am
Print Post  
I will say, if anyone is on the fence about going....GO!!!!  Great company to be associated with at a great match. 

2019 is a possibility.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
How is the run up to CP 2018 coming along for you fellas?

Has there ever been a female on the line in recent memory?  Now that would be more rare than a crate of new found 1894s.  We should encourage the ladies to the ranks.

Culpeper of the African Horn

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - May 17th, 2018 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
..... or ..... Culpeper, horny in Africa!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #8 - May 18th, 2018 at 4:26am
Print Post  
I guess a hundred years ago can be recent.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #9 - May 18th, 2018 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
I think there was a lady last year... but shooting an 03.  It would be great to have a few ladies take up Krag shooting!  My son's girlfriend is looking to get into Match shooting in the next year or two... so I'm betting she'll shoot anyway.  If there are any who wish to shoot the Roosevelt, they are more than welcome to dine and shoot with us!!!

Now... about Horny Culpeper...   Cheesy

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
I just don't know at present.  My recent matches with the K31 and Krag say that I am no longer strong enough to do it!  If I'm to continue shooting at all, I might even have to get another AR.  Leaning toward a Mossberg.  Something not as muzzle heavy as my big three, K31, Krag, and Garand.  Or, I'll just become a benchrest shooter.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Benchrest shooter!  GASP!!  Perhaps a carbine could work for you?  Maybe an 1899?  How about an AR in .30-40?  They make those don't they?

I remember when Dad hung up his guns.  He was like an old dog that still wanted to chase rabbits.   Deer season and groundhogs got him out of bed.  The spirit was willing but the body just wore out.  I'll hate the day I have to give up the Krags.

Would rather keel over at the snap of the fingers than look at the guns in the closet for years and can't get out any more.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Oh we'll see.  I have some testosterone boosters and a full 20lb propane tank I can lift, press and curl.  Can't expect a whole lot in a couple months, but I do know a bit about nutrition since it was my major in college and has been a continuing study.  I just hate feeding the parasites!  I did that for at least 30yrs unknowingly.  Fed them very well!   Cheesy

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #13 - May 27th, 2018 at 12:53am
Print Post  
OK, I'm working on it!  This would be my first year as a senior.  That'd be like skipping a commencement wouldn't it?  I'm ditching the leather jacket, bought a cloth shooting coat for a whopping $22, and I been working out.  I just know I'm going to go through all this trouble, then the the crane operator I know who is presently working at Davis Besse is going to screw up and we're all going to get fried!  He hit a parked car in front of my house not long ago!  What the heck, may as well get it over with quick!  I did tell him not to screw up while I was there and he promised not to!  I just want my annual dose of anti-neutrinos, they can keep the rest.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #14 - May 27th, 2018 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that leather coat would be hot anyway (and probably seen better days too).  I think Ronald is going to order a coat this year too!  Well, if this is going to be your last year... might as well make it stellar and go out with a bang! (pun intended)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint