brass charger (Read 2782 times)
1stazmilitia
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

brass charger
Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Gentleman;
Where can I obtain a brass charger for my M'98 krag rifle?  I am planning to shoot at the CMP western games in Phoenix this November. 
Thanks.

-1st Arizona Militia

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: brass charger
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
PM sent

IP Logged

Kerz
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Yelp, Paul is the man!

Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

IP Logged

1stazmilitia
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
-Kerz,
I hope that these brass chargers will be of help during the rapid fire events.  This will be my first time using my '98 Krag rifle.  I have in the past shot with my RIA, '03 using stripper clips.
Also another problem has me concerned is the fact that my Krag has the issue 1896 rear sight--no windage.  For those that have not shot at the beautiful Ben Avery range is the WIND!  Usually in October there is a fairly stiff 9:00 wind blowing  Sad 

Irish Mick, 1st Arizona Militia

IP Logged

Kerz
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
1stazmilitia wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 7:11pm:
-Kerz,
I hope that these brass chargers will be of help during the rapid fire events.  This will be my first time using my '98 Krag rifle.  ...Also another problem has me concerned is the fact that my Krag has the issue 1896 rear sight--no windage.  For those that have not shot at the beautiful Ben Avery range is the WIND!  Usually in October there is a fairly stiff 9:00 wind blowing  Sad 

Irish Mick, 1st Arizona Militia

Yes sir, they will absolutely help in the rapids.  Wind, not so much, actually very little.
Vic

Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Oh My!  Not the chargers again.  I heard some one got a paper cut with one of those things.  Everybody send me your Parashooter/Steinmayer chargers and I will light a candle and say a prayer for you at mass.  (My bandaid comes off in a day or so and just to let you know Bactine stings.)

Yep the charger is slicker than owl crap.  I may have to get two for every rifle since you can't use them between rifles.  And don't get me started on the things you can do with carbines.  Hoo!  My head is swooning.  What?  Oh.  That rule is for neck sized brass?  You don't say.  Who'da thunk it.

Guess I'll have to get one per rifle.

I feel your pain on the no windage deal.  I put ol' 112 on the sand bag a year ago and shot it at 200 to see where it shoots  As it stands right now it shoots a goat hair to the left, which is about two inches, on a calm day.  It shoots better than me.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Ok Paul... You want me to kiss that booboo and make it better?  Don't let him fool you kiddies, ole Culpeper cut his finger putting playing cards in the spokes of his bike... an original Schwinn from the late 19th century that he likely purchased new!

Didn't you bring 112 to Perry last year?  Sure wish you'd quit playing in the sand and join us again this year Paul!!!  I'll even help you aim, LOL

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Ha!  Goes to show what you know.  It was a Schwinn Typhoon in 1965 and not the Penny-farthing when I was younger.  And I am not that old.  Just ask that young couple down on Garden street.  ...Adam and Eve.  Nice kids.

Yep.  112.  Oldest gun on the line.  Yea!  Suckiest shooter on the line too.  Not Yea!  Heck yeah I would love to be back in the land of more than two seasons.  Only need 50Gs to get rid of the mortgage and the cc. Sad

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Paul, my friend...  All BS aside, if I had it, you'd get it!!!  If you do happen to take a break and venture home for a vacation... say the first week of August, please do plan on shooting with us again!  And if you don't make it to shoot... then at least plan on visiting when you do get back!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint