Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cut-down 1892 rifle stock (Read 1572 times)
butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Cut-down 1892 rifle stock
May 19th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
This 'altered' model 1892 stock sold on ebay today for $125. It was cut-down and sanded. It was updated for a 'curved' butt-plate with trap.

Still, it will be a good stock for stretching for restoration of an early Krag. Hope it went to a good home.

Note - This stock has the 'slender wrist', a ram-rod stop, and lacks 'lightening-channels', below the barrel channel.

IP Logged

Rcat7147
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Cut-down 1892 rifle stock
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Just saw this.

I actually sold that and it did indeed go to a good home.  The gentleman was going to stretch it back out.  Says it will be his 5th time doing it!

I buy forlorn firearms at auctions and sell the pieces.  I don't break up nice complete guns (and mostly focus on commerical, not military), for obvious reasons.  Something's gotta be pretty bad wrong with it.  The stock was just the start of this one's problems. 

And as a "one day" project, I'm going to attempt a flat-side magazine conversion on the receiver.  It's already got some damage to that side anyway.

The buying and selling funds my collection and helps a lot of people get old guns going again.  So I'm happy about it.

As an aside, BR, do you have any info on the flat sided magazine conversions?  I'm pretty sure I've seen a magazine clipping about it around here but I can't find the dern thing.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:03am
Print Post  
'Rcat' - I checked my computer photo files. These were the only pics, I kept, regarding Flush Magazine-Gates.

Hope these help:

IP Logged

Rcat7147
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
That’s exactly the article I was looking for.
I found a copy on eBay with a dimensioned drawing.  It’s on the way.  I’ll have to document my attempts..if they go well haha.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint