Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
cheap lube!!!! (Read 1067 times)
Todd Doyka
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

cheap lube!!!!
Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
i bought a 99% isopropyl alcohol and a jar of lanolin to see if they could work. i used all of my hornady one shot lube so i decided if alcohol/lanolin would do the job. i wasn't too impressed but i am CHEAP!!!! i took 8oz of isopropyl and 1 oz of lanolin. i put them in a sealed peanut butter jar and then i put them in hot water. 10-15 minutes later the lanolin melted into the alcohol and it was put into my plastic sprayer bottle.

i had 150-200 20 vartarg cases that needed reloaded. so i got ziplok bag and put 20vt cases in and i sprayed the mixture into to it. i took my 20vt fl resizer and i gave it a shot of mixture. i waited about 5-10 minutes and i began to resize.

i was in la-la land!!!! the ease of the dried cases was like melted butter over toast! i was impressed!!!!! not once did i feel the cases were stuck or the neck expander go into and out. it was put the case into the reloader, pull the handle, push the handle, take out the case and begin again. hornady one shot be danged, there is a new sheriff in town. his name is The Mixture!!!!

this is who i got the mixture from,
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: cheap lube!!!!
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
FWIW, I ran out of One Shot once, and used PAM cooking spray, which was slicker than snot!  Afterward, I filled the sink with dish soap and water, put that sized brass in and agitated the heck out of it.  Then, I put them upside down to drain and dry.  Easy Peezy… Japaneesey!  I wouldn't recommend it because of the extra work involved... but in a pinch, this will also work!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint