Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 New member - new krag (Read 7267 times)
quietriot
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: New member - new krag
Reply #30 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 11:14am
Print Post  
I've seen lots of them on Ebay marked as Norwegian Krag sight and they mount on the right side. That poor reciever has been molested enough and I didn't want to add to it.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #31 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
The Redfield receiver sights made for the Norwegian Krag were not a "no-drill" sight.

They mounted on the right-side of the receiver and required drilling and tapping.
(I'm not totally sure how this thread got to 'Redfield-Norwegian sights')?

'quietriot' - Your Redfield 102-K sight appears tilted forward and not properly seated against the Krag receiver at the rear. (There is a gap between the sight base and receiver wall).

If you loosen the sight's rear mounting-bracket and lightly tap the 'top rear' of the sight-base, it should swing down and make contact with the receiver. Use a plastic mallet and light taps and tighten the bracket when the sight base is 'square' on the receiver.

BTW - Redfield, Lyman, and others made higher front-blades for the Krag with different gold beads and shapes. These give a better sight picture for Hunting and Target Shooting. They correct the low rear-sight problem you are experiencing. 

IP Logged

quietriot
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #32 - Oct 2nd, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Thanks. I'll give it a try after work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint