Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Krags in the Movies (Read 20630 times)
Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Krags in the Movies
Reply #15 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Off topic, but to finish my great grandpa's story, here is a copy of a letter requesting his campaign badges after becoming a captain for the Great War. He apparently wanted them for his uniform when in full dress.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #16 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 5:10am
Print Post  
That is so cool.  Thanks for sharing!

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Wonderful Service medals and story.

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Glad you like the story. Meanwhile, back on the farm:
Can we include "Rough Riders " TV mini-series from 1997 with Tom Berenger and Sam Elliot? Not sure if it fits the definition of a movie, but it's darn close if it aint. It is a really great shoe!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #19 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 5:03am
Print Post  
I've been thinking on that one for a couple of years.  On one hand, it is a movie with a Krag in it.  But on the other hand, it is a war story based on real events, and not fiction, where it is expected to find a Krag if it is even close to being period correct.  It is akin to expecting the Span-Am troops shooting Krags but finding M1903s or The Fighting Seabees where you expect the japs to use jap rifles and not Krags.  Ahhhhh.  Hollywood.

Perhaps an "honorable mention" catagory?

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #20 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
I didn't realize the rules of engagement here. So we are looking for Krags in movies where they are not expected to be seen? Kind of like a puzzle or finding a diamond in the rough.

I was going to try and add "55 Days At Peking" (1963 with Charleton Heston) . But it has 2 strikes against it.
1. It is based on real events (The Boxer Rebellion).
2. It erroneously does not have Krags in it.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #21 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Aw the heck with it.  I'll put Rough Riders up. 

This is supposed to be fun so its going to be fun.

Really?  55 Days does not have Krags?  Bet it doesn't even have Winchester Lees in it either.

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #22 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 3:22am
Print Post  
I wasn't trying to be pushy. Sometimes when I try to be witty it comes across snarky. It is hard to read body language on this type of format. If you knew me you would know that I am normally respectful, but fun loving.

I haven't watched "55 Days At Peking" lately, but I believe the US Marines were using Lee Enfields in the movie.

My Army son is on leave and got to my house today with his family. Showed him my "new" Krag today. He was quite impressed with its lightness even with it being in full military configuration. Maybe we will get a chance to watch some of these movies.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #23 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 6:29am
Print Post  
"You lose some you gain some" .....

I believe Beau Geste (1939) should come off the list. Hollywood's Legions appeared well equipped with Berthier rifles (maybe even made by Remington?).

At least the Desert marauders appear to have 'Springfield Jezails' fabricated from trapdoor rifles?

Laurel and Hardy had Berthiers, too!

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #24 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Lee Marvin - Gone, but, not forgotten ..... except by Mr. Culpeper, who didn't miss missing Lee either.

Death Hunt (1981): "Here's lookin at you Kid" ... Ooops wrong movie.

"Once a Mari ... err ... Mountie, always a Mountie".

Hey, it's a Norwegian Krag, eh!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #25 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
butlersrangers wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 6:29am:
"You lose some you gain some" .....

I believe Beau Geste (1939) should come off the list. Hollywood's Legions appeared well equipped with Berthier rifles (maybe even made by Remington?).

At least the Desert marauders appear to have 'Springfield Jezails' fabricated from trapdoor rifles?

Laurel and Hardy had Berthiers, too!

Ha HA!  You have to look a bit sharper, Young Jedi.  Right at the end of the movie where the three are about to make the run down the sand dune the movie cuts into a studio insert that shows one of them holding a, TA DA, Krag rifle.  The scene runs about five seconds.  So the sequence is outside shot, inside stage shot, then continuation of outside shot.  There is a change in the audio that makes the scene stand out.

My man Lee has been added.  Too bad they did not have Krags in the Dirty Dozen.  It would still have been a great movie. Cheesy

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #26 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Knute1 wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 3:22am:
I wasn't trying to be pushy. Sometimes when I try to be witty it comes across snarky. It is hard to read body language on this type of format. If you knew me you would know that I am normally respectful, but fun loving.

I haven't watched "55 Days At Peking" lately, but I believe the US Marines were using Lee Enfields in the movie.

My Army son is on leave and got to my house today with his family. Showed him my "new" Krag today. He was quite impressed with its lightness even with it being in full military configuration. Maybe we will get a chance to watch some of these movies.

Carefull there.  You may have infected your son with Krag fever.

Never took it as being pushy.  Besides every Krag man is a brother on this site.

(Memo to self.  Scratch the pushy guy off the Christmas list) Cheesy

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #27 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 3:51am
Print Post  
I have a Krag sporter that my Army son claimed as his some day. I had another son that also claimed it. Now they both say the other can have the sporter, but now they both want the full military Krag I acquired this year.

The Army son told his younger brother that if he does 20 years in the Army he has an argument. Otherwise bug out.

Unfortunately for them it will have to be literally over my dead body. Which shouldn't happen anytime soon.

Til then, they can watch this list of Krag movies and/or buy their own. Grin

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #28 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Welcome to Animal Hospital the continuing saga of a quack that has gone to the dogs.  In this episode we hear Doctor Bob say:  Nurse Piggy...

Oops wrong film.

In the never ending search (obsession) of finding Krags in the Movies we add to the list

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

From 1931 with Loretta Young and Ralph Forbes.  The Foreign Legion get the Berthiers and the Mohammedans get the Krags.

IP Logged

Local Boy
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #29 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
And more movies with Krags:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint