Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Another Illegal Krag Receiver Sale on ebay (Read 2748 times)
Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Another Illegal Krag Receiver Sale on ebay
Jan 5th, 2019 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I see this all the time. I have actually tested ebay and contacted them 3 times by reporting this item and called them last night about it. The "Barrel" is still for sale. Funny how the seller doesn't list the item as a receiver with a barrel attached. ebay would find that in their automatic search fillter and remove it. But, why would they keep it up when they have been alerted it is not an antique and needs to be sent through an FFL or C&R?

This receiver was made in 1903. I suspect the seller is one of the people who buys Krags and strips them to sell the parts and uses this method to get rid of the receivers.

Lets see how long it lasts.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Another Illegal Krag Receiver Sale on ebay
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:25am
Print Post  
The listing was finally ended early by ebay! It is listed as ending because "there was an error in the listing." No duh!

Just one of many curiosities on ebay.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
I've done that before and only once did I get a reply that seemed like the seller genuinely didn't know. I think this guy knew. My question is why did it take ebay almost 36 hours to take it down.

We won't know. Seller needs to find another way to ditch the receivers now.

I disassembled a damaged Arisaka I got from someone years ago because I could use a few of the parts. I sold the barrel and receiver to Numrich legally. They sell these things which, of course, requires a legal transfer. That's how I got rid of mine. Didn't get much but I got rid of it that way.

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
With Krags, or any other arm which spans the gap, the process is a farce which should have been settled years ago by executive fiat. To believe that number 152870 is rather akin to a flintlock and 152871 is a horrible death-dealing device subject to the Fed's draconian bullshit is absolutely ludicrous. The time spent worrying about policing Ebay could be better spent. Dick the curmudgeon has now gone back under his rock.

IP Logged

Mark_Daiute
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Uncle Dick, I rather liked your response.

M

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
I like it when 'Dick the Curmudgeon' comes out from under his 'rock'.

I have noticed on other forums, people doing the BATF and eBay's work. The pay is terrible!

I stopped selling items on ebay, when they pulled a listing I had for a reproduction M1 carbine 'paratrooper' stock. (I guess it is illegal in California).

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
This crap bugs me too because they pulled something of mine a couple years ago which was an antique box of old medical sutures (stitching thread) that they said violated their policy of listing a dangerous medical item. I pointed out to them that there were hundreds of the exact item listed and being sold constantly that were not removed. They never gave me a good reason why I was targeted but others could sell the exact thing. Crazy.

But, if you "mis-label" something, like a "modern" receiver, you can get away with it.

As stated above, I was testing ebay to see how they handled this. You're right, it isn't worth the time or effort.

I'd rather be shooting Krags!

IP Logged

Fred G.
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Why are any of you eagerly trying to sound the alarm on eBay and doing the ATF’s job for them? 
Are you getting paid by the ATF?
Are you wanting to work for the ATF?
Are you wanting to be a law enforcement officer?
Did you used to remind the teacher that she or he forgot to assign homework for the class?
Why the grave concern?
Trying to help make society safe?

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:35am
Print Post  
I'm not a 'snitch'.

I've had people mess up mutually beneficial gun parts transactions on other gun forums.

"Kibitzers" gave unfounded 'legal advice' and scared off a potential sale by giving unwarranted opinions, warnings, and advice.

I use to inform vendors on ebay, when they had an item misidentified. I stopped doing this, when the seller obviously intended to defraud.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #9 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:38am
Print Post  
As I said above, I did this to "test" ebay because they have screwed me before for less.

They failed. I don't really care what people do on ebay. Sell away. I just wanted to try it once.

So be it.

IP Logged

Local Boy
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:01am
Print Post  
suum cuique (To each his own)

I have personally purchased and sold many items on eBay and I can generally say that my "FEEDBACK" would be positive.  I just use them as another resource.

IMHO: In a word..."EDUCATION".  Something that I receive and appreciate by being a 'Krag Forum' member!

The education that Ive received has helped me tremendously... Especially when dealing with items posted on eBay, Gun Broker, etc.

Not saying I'm an expert on Krags, but the knowledge I've gained makes it easier to evaluate possible Krag related purchases.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint