Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Starline Brass (Read 7680 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Starline Brass
Reply #15 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Playapat wrote on Mar 6th, 2019 at 4:32am:
Culpeper, dare I ask for the back story on Jamison? I ask because I just bought some Captech brass, which I understand to be made by Jamison.

Marc jamison, et.al., in summer of 2011 advertised on his site that people could order custom brass with their own headstamps on the cases.  When I discovered his site I called him.  He quoted me a certain amount for 10,000 pieces.  I was rolling in dough at the time and had the money.  He also told me I would own the die set used to produce the brass.  Two months passed and I received no updates so I called SD.  I told on repeated follow ups that they were waiting for this or that.  Getting information was like pulling teeth.

A couple of days into October I called up and was told by Kathy (I think that was the name) the final item was there and the order would be done in a few weeks.  Then I called them on or about the 20th since that is a few weeks and found the phone was disconnected and the website was GONE.

I kicked my Google-fu to the Yoda level and found out this rotten piece of rat filth had been in some kind of legal problems even before I placed the order.

The business went into receivership and I did manage to get my money back but he kept two pieces of my original 1920s brass that was never returned.  My buddy said the courts made me "whole".  I told him that is pure crap.  Making me whole to me means complete the order as agreed.  ...And give me back my original brass pieces.

Towards the end of the receivership process the "new folks", who never were identified, sent an email stating they would honor the original deal. 
Go %$&&* yer selves.  Found out when the business was resurrected Jamison and the original cadre was still there running the show.

I won't do business with liars and deceivers and I certainly am not going to buy their products for the rest of my life.

continued...

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #16 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:24am
Print Post  
Jamison and the rest of that bunch can have strokes and drool into their laps for the next fifty years as far as I am concerned.

But ask me how I really feel about it.

And that is why to this day I advocate to anyone and everyone to go buy winchester or remington ammo, shoot it, and keep the brass.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Playapat
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Sorry if it brings up bad memories, but I appreciate you enlightening a noobie like me about the situation.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Culpeper doesn't mince his words... although he DOES mince his garlic!!!

I can't remember who it was... Starline or another brass manufacturer, but back a few years ago I was contacting cartridge companies to inquire about producing Krag brass.  One of them told me "No way in hell would they ever produce 30-40 Krag brass... and basically (in so many words) told me to F.O.!  Such was the state of our beloved Krag sport until Graf & Sons and Hornady stepped up to the plate.  Since then, Remington is back in the game and I've heard rumblings of other companies interest too!

IP Logged

Playapat
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #19 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 1:27am
Print Post  
I was just reading your old posts about this a few days ago. I’m glad we now live in an age of plenty! Thanks for stirring the pot and getting these companies interested again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint