Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 30-40 Krag Reloading Dies (Read 9984 times)
Mike4MSU
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 30-40 Krag Reloading Dies
Reply #30 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
While I didn’t go to the range for the purpose of testing the bevel on Hornady brass, I didn’t have any issues or rim lock with the 30 rounds I shot. From what I recall, I’d say the majority of my reloading occurred with the barrel level to pointed slightly down.

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 30-40 Krag Reloading Dies
Reply #31 - Jul 18th, 2019 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Just pointing out though infrequent it can occur. The ones that have had it jumped through a number of hoops to cure it. That one time I made it occur in mine I loaded shorter rounds out of echelon on purpose. Snapping the door closed righted them all except in the case when the muzzle was pointed down. As pointed out by parashooter in an old thread with original length loaded rounds all will be in echelon automatically. The case bevel is maybe a failsafe in case something got out of kilter with particular rounds or a especially dirty or out of tolerance Krags. We have seen the bevel in the photos of very old military and commercial ammo, if you ask me it should be there on every case made for a Krag. Sometimes a mistake (without a bevel) will work for most people but not always.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2019 at 9:30pm by FredC »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint