Apr 28th, 2019 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
closed closed
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2019 at 6:28pm by milgunsguy »  

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: ? Coming to the BIG Gun Show in Denver in May?
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
I'd love to go with ya... but I'm thinking the driving distance would be a bit much!  (I'm in the mitten state). 

We had the Michigan Antique Arms Collectors show here this weekend.  Lots of Krags, including several carbines were there available for sale (wish I had the money to walk away with a few).  A few of my local buddies (including Butlersrangers) had a table there, and as always, it was great to catch up!

IP Logged

milgunsguy
KCA Forum Member

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2019 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
weather forecast is good
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2019 at 7:18pm by milgunsguy »  

IP Logged

olderthansome
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 11:59am
Print Post  
I would like to come to Denver, and may even try, but it is a long trip.  Is there any way the forum could post upcoming gun shows, maybe by state?  If we knew that some of our members were taking tables at shows, it would give encouragement to make the effort to get off our butts. I have been thinking about the Michigan Arms Collector show recently and would like to see it some day. When is the next?

IP Logged

milgunsguy
KCA Forum Member

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Gun shows by state here:

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

and

(You need to Login to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2019 at 7:17pm by milgunsguy »  

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Michigan Antique Arms Collectors usually has a few each year.  Butlersrangers can probably tell you when the next one is.  They're usually at the Suburban Showplace on Grand River in Novi. 

Added:  I just looked it up and they're listed for September 28th and 29th.

IP Logged

olderthansome
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2019 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Thank you to Paul and milgunsguy.  The links help a lot.  I've already seen a couple of dates to set aside.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2019 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Some comments on the Michigan Antique Arms Collectors shows:

Next 2019 dates - September 28th &29th and November 30th & December 1st. (Suburban Showplace, Novi, Michigan).

If you google search, "Michigan Antique Arms Collectors", you will find various 'Search Results', that will give dates, times, information, and fees.

I am a member of the MAAC and have been for many years. I occasionally get a table and have done well 'culling' things out of my accumulation. I usually enjoy myself, and often find something of interest to buy. (Usually parts, literature, or accessories).

This may sound disloyal. The show is only 40 minutes from my house. If it was two hours or more away, I likely would not bother going. I certainly would not get a table.

The Suburban Showplace gives the MAAC generally crappy dates, charges non-members for parking, and is just a so, so, facility.

Gun Shows and the MAAC are not what they use to be. Most of the vendors are chronic attendees, who display the same over-priced stuff, show after show. Dues has gotten to be $50 a year and Table Fees are going up to $75/members and $100/non-members. Public attendance is low. The attendees are generally elderly.

'Vultures' work the show, while 'Set Up' is going on, and snatch up likely bargains. 

The MAAC has long billed itself as: "The Quality Show of the Midwest". A nice aspect and old tradition of the Club are free tables to members putting up part of their collection in a Themed Display, (no sales). These are usually very educational, interesting and worth seeing.

I'm not trying to beat up the old MAAC and its Show. I would just feel guilty having a KCA friend come from far away, expecting it to be more than it is.

BTW - This past weekend, I sold three guns, (only one of which was collectable), and a bunch of non-Krag small stuff. I picked up a nice Swedish Mauser, three boxes of .30-40 factory ammo, and a bargain pair of Leitz Binoculars.
It was a good show for me, but, I'm a scrounger!
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2019 at 3:40pm by butlersrangers »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint