Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Rifle Stock (Read 1717 times)
Pete Sr
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Rifle Stock
Jun 9th, 2019 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
I new to this site so don't laugh me off!

I'm looking for a m1898 Krag rifle stock, preferably an original, or a reproduction.  Do such things  exist?  I have a very nice 1898 that someone(likely long ago) decided would look better with a 3/4 "custom" stock.  Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Rifle Stock
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Pete,

Welcome the the KCA site!

You are amongst friends when you venture here for information about Krags or just about anything else.

We don't make fun of newcomers, only once you've been here a while and accept the good humor we all try to share.

The Krag stocks are quite hard to come by. Most of the stocks that we see available on ebay or Gun Broker are cut downs, damaged stocks or altered stocks that aren't much value to you if you want to replace a full length stock, as originally made at Springfield Armory, onto your good rifle action and barrel.

There are some bad actors who buy good Krag rifles at local gun stores or somewhere and take them completely a part and sell the parts on ebay or Gun Broker for much more than they paid for the full thing. This is one source, at times, of a full length rifle stock for something like you have. These stocks usually sell for north of $400 if they are full and original. Even then, you really don't know what you are getting until you have it in your hands to examine. There are often repairs or changes that haven't been disclosed that might cause trouble. Plus, if you need extra parts, you are adding to your investment overall.

It may be better money spent to buy a know fully authentic and correct Krag that doesn't need repair or replacement parts. We can help you evaluate one if you are looking at something to consider buying.

That's my statement. You'll have others chiming in with their experiences and opinions.

Good luck and keep us informed. We'll help out as much as we can!

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Rifle Stock
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Also, if you can post some pictures of what you have, we can possibly give you some other options and help you decide what avenue to take.

We love seeing pictures of Krags here.

You'll also be advised that Krags can become addicting and have been known to multiply when you aren't watching!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint