Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Mystery Stock (Read 1407 times)
Big T
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Mystery Stock
Jun 20th, 2019 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I bought a stock for my Krag rifle on e-bay it said it was for a rifle it looked right i was happy to get it for less than i thought i would.
It came in from Canada and i was so happy finally my Krag would look right. Someone had cut my stock off at the front band. Well i forgot one thing and that was to check the length. This looks like a perfect stock except it is 37 1/2 inches long. It has a tapered forearm with a step down for the bayonet band. It has the oilier hole cut out and the three holes in the bottom of the slot for cleaning rods. The bolt slot is straight cut not flared. It has a patch in the stock near the but that looks well done and i think adds character to it. it has a filler in the inner forearm lighting slots this too looks very well don.
At first i thought I had a Philippine Constabulary stock but they did not have the step down forearm and this is too long from what i have read.  It did have some stamps on it but has been sanded too much to tell what they said. There is a stamp on the inner flat of the wood where the action sets but again I cannot read it. I can see no indication of a proof mark but again there has been a lot of sanding.
  So i need some advice as to what this might be please.
I will attach picture.

KRAG'S ARE ADDICTIVE

IP Logged

Ned Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Re: Mystery Stock
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
You have a cut down rifle stock that some one made to fit their own needs. That person put a lot of effort into quality patch and filler work though. You should be able to find a sporter with a "bubbaed" stock and make a fun shooter though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint