Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Not impressed (Read 3261 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Not impressed
Jun 20th, 2019 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Shoots every day for practice, most people can not.  Free ammo, most have to pay for their ammo or make it.  Tricked out rifle, most do not have a dedicated armorer(s).

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

Draw a rifle from any armory on any fort at random and shoot 800 then I will be inpressed.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Not impressed
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
I agree!  Shooting a low recoil AR weapon with a scope... how can he NOT put them all in the ten ring?  I say, put all 30 in the ten ring with a Krag and iron sights... and then I'll be impressed!  By the way, I've witnessed a friend shoot a 297 with an 1896!

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Now, gentlemen, I'm sure most of us would not be able to do what this man did.

Most of the people I shoot with have been in law enforcement or military and have learned with tax payer ammo. I have not done those duties and have paid for almost everything I have shot, factory and reloads! That makes learning a little more difficult, definitely.

I agree, though - do what this soldier did with a Krag with open sights and we'll all be genuflecting!

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Sgt. Cleland is obviously a fine position shooter. He would excel, no matter what shooting equipment he is given. He has the skills, self-control, and temperament!

I'm impressed.

IP Logged

Kerz
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 11:37am
Print Post  
butlersrangers wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:08pm:
Sgt. Cleland is obviously a fine position shooter. He would excel, no matter what shooting equipment he is given. He has the skills, self-control, and temperament!

I'm impressed.

Chuck,
Once again, we are in agreement.  He is a shooting machine.  I've seen him do it. 
Shooting an accurized M16/M4/AR with a low powered scope might sound easy.  Those in doubt, try it and let us know Smiley
What Ben Cleland and Brandon Green have done is reset the achievement scale for HP competition.
Vic
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2019 at 12:04pm by Kerz »  

Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

IP Logged

Capt. Frank
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
I believe that a good gun and ammo can help make a good shooter. I am a 73 year old fart with aging eyes. My custom built AR-15 has shot 2 1/2 inch groups at 600 yards, and 1 1/8 by 5/8 inch group at 300 yards, using open sights. My 1934 Winchester model 52 shot 3/8 by 1/4 inch group at 100 yards, and 1 3/8 by 1 1/2 inch group at 200 yards yesterday, again with open sights. All groups shot were 10 consecutive shots. The AR has a quarter minute rear sight , with a .035 aperture, and the 52, the original ladder style peep sight, and a Lyman 17a front globe. I think any decent shooter can shoot better with quality equipment. By the way, the AR used  77 GR Sierra Match King hand loads, the 52 used Aguila rifle match ammo. For those who shoot .22 LR, the Aguila ammo uses Eley primed cases, and for the money shoots almost, or as well as Eley. I tried to add pictures, but apparently they were too big.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2019 at 12:44am
Print Post  
I'm still impressed.

I'm a good Shooter. I've known a lot of good Shooters.

I've met a few Great Shooters.

He's a Great Shooter!

I've never met a poor or mediocre Shooter that was significantly improved by great equipment.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2019 at 1:07am
Print Post  
I can shoot really good from a bench rest, short or long distance. Good trigger control, good steady sight picture, etc.

I am not skilled or practiced in off hand, seated or prone shooting. I need to practice these things. I'd probably be good but not much better at this point.

Anyone who has mastered all positions of shooting to this degree has done something really impressive. It takes lots of skill and lots and lots of practice. Also, shooting scenarios with a timer near your ear under stress is difficult. I did that for years with a 1911. My scores go down with a timer beeping near my ear.

I don't currently have the time to practice all positions much now. Maybe sometime in the future. That's why I just do BR now.

It does also help if someone else is paying for the ammo!

I'm impressed with Sgt. Cleland.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2019 at 2:04am
Print Post  
butlersrangers wrote on Jun 24th, 2019 at 12:44am:
I'm a good Shooter. I've known a lot of good Shooters.

I've met a few Great Shooters.

I had the pleasure/privilege of shooting with the amazing Randy Ent a few years ago at Camp Perry.  It was amazing watching his technique and approach... and I definitely think I learned a thing or two watching him.  Randy is what I'd call a Great Shooter!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint