Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Early Roosevelt Results (Read 5753 times)
madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Early Roosevelt Results
Aug 2nd, 2019 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Top Krag was in 4th place, if I'm reading right, a British fellow.  99-5x, 91, 92, total of 282-5x.  Wining 03 shooter had a 289-4x.  Friend Paul upped his score to a 252-1x, solidly in my usual mid-pack position, about what I shot a couple years ago.  See I told you'd get better over time!

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Early Roosevelt Results
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2019 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Can you explain, for those of us not familiar with this match, what is shot at what distances to better understand these scores?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Parashooter
KCA Forum Member

Kragmudgeon

Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2019 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
"Roosevelt Commemorative Match

"COURSE OF FIRE: The 200-yard As-Issued Military Rifle Course A will be used for the CMP Roosevelt Commemorative Match.
RULES: Competition Rules for CMP Games Rifle and Pistol Matches (See Rules 4.2.3 and 4.2.4).
AMMUNITION: Any safe ammunition may be used in accordance with CMP Competition Rules for CMP Games Rifle and Pistol Matches Rule 6.3.4." (You need to Login to view media files and links)

200 yards
SR target
5 sighting shots
30 shots for score
10 prone slow
10 prone rapid
10 standing slow

More specifically, from 2018 rulebook -

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks parashooter!  41 of 172 were Krags, if I counted right.

IP Logged

Playapat
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Congrats to all who participated. I hope to meet my fellow Krag enthusiasts over the next 3 days.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Thanks for the shooting set up posts!

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
I'll have to check further into this, but noted an unlimited class on CMP's Competition Tracker in the Roosevelt.  That would open the door for sporters and allow me a scope on my 92/96!  Looks like Paul had a problem with standing in the Garand match, wound up with a lower score than what he shot with his Krag.  Hope things work out for him in the Vintage and Long Range.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Howdy!  Had a pretty good Perry this year!  Scores could have been better... but eh'  I had fun!  Missed bronze by three stinkin' points with the Krag though..  Angry

Yeah, I had problems with all of my matches this year.  I did have an ok Springfield Match though.  I'll talk about Long Range on that thread.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
While looking over the results of the Vintage Rifle Match, I noted that a Krag came in 3rd, with scores of 100-4, 98-2, 92-1, for a total of 290-7x!  Good shooting by Matthew Zagorski of Exton, PA!  I see that he also shot the Roosevelt and scored a 274-5x!  I guess he was just getting warmed up and on target when shooting the Roosevelt!  Thanks to Matthew, America keeps the Mook Cup!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2019 at 3:12pm by madsenshooter »  

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
This years winner of the Mook Trophy is Matthew Zagorski of Exton, PA

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
We need to construct a true Mook trophy and award it at next years Roosevelt Match!  We can spread the word on the CMP forum.  I think it would further promote the use of Krags in the Roosevelt, and maybe get a few of the 03 shooters to reconsider their choice of rifle!  Or... maybe we can award it to the KCA member who shoots the highest score in the Roosevelt Match!  What do you all think?  I'm sure we could come up with something - maybe a small bronze copy of The Traveler on a pedestal.

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Well, you're good at building cakes, trophies are sorta like them, stacking things up to make something presentable.  KCA member, technically, I'm not a member.  I just blab here.  Since Krags can also be used in the Vintage Match, perhaps we should include that, and specify US Krag, as someone might be using a Norwegian or Danish in the Vintage.  Or, would any Krag be ok?  I don't know what the CMP would think.  Most trophies are kept by them, with plaques for each year's winner added.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
I think, and I am unanimous, it should be a US Krag award just because this is America.  Sure you can use a foreign Krag in the Vintage match but how would you tell after the fact?  The list for the Roosevelt (spit) match has two options, Krag or 1903.  Vintage on the other hand, as of today, does not show the type of rifle used by the shooters in the match.  I  looked in the National Vintage Military Rifle Match results.

By the way, madsenshooter, you blab here, you're a member here.   Cheesy

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
I'm waiting on someone to get their Lee Navy together for the Roosevelt.  Things change over time on competition tracker, top Krag in the Roosevelt is now down to 9th, and I no longer see the Brit.  Don't know what the story is there. Maybe he was shooting a .303.  The unlimited class I previously noted is also gone.  Maybe those were A3s along for the fun.  Oddly the score reported above for high Krag in the Vintage is also gone.  OH, shoot I was looking at the wrong year!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
My vote would be for US Krags only, and Roosevelt Match results only too.  Yes, some shooters use them in the Vintage, but in the Roosevelt, we're just competing against other Krags and 03s... and since the 03s have won the match each year, we need something for the top Krag shooter in that match.  As I said before, we could make it for all Krag shooters, or keep it here on the KCA and limit it to KCA members.  I'm good either way.  We couldn't make it an official CMP trophy though.  However, we could change the Krag dinner to the night of the match instead of the night before... and award it then!  I have no problems trying to create the trophy.  I'd just need to find a statue of The Traveler, about 12 inches tall!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint