Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Early Roosevelt Results (Read 5781 times)
madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Early Roosevelt Results
Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Without the higher score in the Vintage, we'd be sending the trophy to Langley, England.  Not a big deal if it isn't something meant to be perpetual.  Disregard my babble above, wrong year!  Got it now.  I see what you mean Culpepper, they were showing the rifle used on the Vintage results, now they're all gone.

IP Logged

Parashooter
KCA Forum Member

Kragmudgeon

Reply #16 - Aug 10th, 2019 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Perhaps the KCA could sponsor/donate an official CMP trophy for top Krag score in the Roosevelt. Suggest contacting after things settle down there to discuss the possibilities.

Christie Sewell
Programs Chief
Civilian Marksmanship Program
Po Box 576
Port Clinton, OH 43452
Phone (419) 635-2141
e-mail csewell@thecmp.org

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Alrighty.  So the criteria for the Mook Trophy will be:

High Krag shooter in the Roosevelt (spit) Match.  Which guarantees the US rifle or carbine will be in military dress.

Interest items:

We need to decide what the award will look like and of course how many to be made and how much it will cost?

Should there be a run of X awards to satisfy X years of winners?

How would it be administered?  This is a logistics issue.  Many of us are not spring chickens and I am certain most of us would not want this to be one time award dreamed up by the Good Idea Fairy

Or...

It could be as simple as a well designed certificate on heavy weight paper or light card stock (all acid free materials) that has the image of the Hiker.  Either by Neuman or Ruggles.

(You need to Login to view media files and links))
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

Here is a very rough idea.

« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2019 at 10:22am by Culpeper »  

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
That's an excellent idea!!!  I could contact Christie, and would be happy to do so.  If they are receptive to it, it could be awarded at the Awards Ceremony.  There are other awards that are sponsored, so it's not out of the question.  Even if it's a certificate as Culpeper suggests, it would still represent Krags... and ultimately promote Krags in the match!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2019 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
When you contact the CMP try and get a way to contact the Englander so we can ascertain the type of Krag he was shooting.  I am guessing there are not too many US Krags in England and that there is a bit higher chance of a Danish or Norwegian being available to him.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint