Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Building a sporter (Read 4385 times)
madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Building a sporter
Reply #15 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
I like sighting options.  I have Kraghaus mounts, receiver sights, a variety of Krag sights, and this thing, a Miller Kodiak mount.  The Miller can be quickly removed and a no gunsmith receiver sight put on.  I also have a bolt with a Rice peep I can put in after removing the Miller.  Removal is a simple matter of rotating 90 degrees.  I have one drilled and tapped receiver that I'm building into a benchrest rifle with a heavy Wilson barrel.  I dream a lot, seldom get around to the actual building!

IP Logged

King carp
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
That rifle has the looks of a tack driver!  Do the empties hit the scope upon extraction? I do a lot of dreaming also. I hope I can get this project done during the winter. I have most of the parts I am going to use. I wish I could devote more time to it but that's the way it goes. It will come together at some point. Thanks for the ideas on mounts.
         Kc

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
The empties don't hit the scope, they hit the rear of the mount.  In the field, if I turned the rifle sideways, not hard to do while you have hold of the bolt handle, they'd fall out.  But on the bench they pop up a little then fall back down into the action.

IP Logged

King carp
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I have a long eye relief scope that will sit in front of the reciever.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint