Reloading Endoscope (Read 1901 times)
Local Boy
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reloading Endoscope
Sep 10th, 2019 at 3:56am
Print Post  
I'm sure many have already tried this or seen the "You Tube" videos concerning the use of an endoscope for reloading purposes.

You can purchase an endoscope online from $12 to $35 dollars on up.  I would recommend buying a high definition (HD) camera!

It attaches to a smart phone/pad.

The software that came with my Non-HD camera didn't work with my Motorola pad so I had to find and download compatible software. Embarrassed

Since I'm pack-rat by nature... I happened to find two different sized plastic sleeves that I glued together to act as the housing for the endoscope camera. 

I placed electrical tape around the smaller end so that it would fit in the center hole of my Dillon reloading head.

Attach the camera cable to your smart phone/pad.

Turn on your smart phone/pad and now you have another way to visually monitor the progress of your progressive press.

The camera also provides additional light.

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2019 at 7:13am by Local Boy »  

IP Logged

Local Boy
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Reloading Endoscope
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2019 at 4:12am
Print Post  
More pics.

I'm sure an HD endoscope would provide a much better video.

Another added benefit is that you can perform your own in-home colonoscopy using your HD endoscopy camera!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

carbon outlaw
KCA Forum Member

carbon outlaw

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Wow cool ... Technology has really improve the last 2 years .. that's really good use of technology ....

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Heck, I just have a light over my Dillon 650XL and look into every shell when it reaches the bullet seating station to make sure the powder load is consistent. The tech you have is nice but more complicated, it seems.

Good set-up though.

IP Logged

Texas10
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I just logged on for the first time a quite a while, and saw this thread. I just purchased one of these; (You need to Login to view media files and links)

and have to say it's a fantastic deal. I use it with a Mac laptop and the images are superbe. I put it down my low serial number Krag and found the bore to be nicer than my low round count Shilen Select Match 308 barrel. Almost no fire cracking, no chattering on the lands or grooves, leade looks perfect. Which probably explains why it shoots so well!  Cool

IP Logged

Kerz
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Whig wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:27am:
Heck, I just have a light over my Dillon 650XL and look into every shell when it reaches the bullet seating station to make sure the powder load is consistent. The tech you have is nice but more complicated, it seems.

Good set-up though.

Whig
This RCBS lockout die is a great tool for your 650.  It works for over and under charged loads.  (You need to Login to view media files and links)
Vic

Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint