Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Danish Krag Carbine Scout rig (Read 2185 times)
Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Danish Krag Carbine Scout rig
Oct 4th, 2019 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Here are a couple of photos of my recently done Danish Krag carbine with a scout scope mount.  I removed the rear sight ladder and mounted the scope rail directly to the sight base using the pin that originally held the sight ladder.

I haven't fired it yet.  Can't wait to get it out to the range.  Hopefully get it sighted in to use for deer this fall.

Tom

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Danish Krag Carbine Scout rig
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 1:44am
Print Post  
I like the nice eye relief you have with the scope mounted a little forward. Looks very nice.

IP Logged

Local Boy
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Hi Tom,

Neat way to adapt the original rear sight to allow mounting of a scope!

Curious, are you able to maintain a cheek-weld on your stock comb while looking through your scope?

IP Logged

Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Thanks Whig.  Smiley     Local Boy, I definitely have my head a bit higher to see through the scope, but still have my cheek on the stock comb.  It is lower cheek, maybe lower jaw, but still solid contact.

IP Logged

Skirmisher
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2019 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Very nice Scout Rifle. Always cool when you can mount a scope on a Milsurp without spoiling it’s exterior originality.  What caliber is it? 

Skirmisher

IP Logged

madsenshooter
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2019 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Kwik Site makes the lowest set of rings that I have been able to find in a lot of time looking.  They're so low your mount would have to be cut at the front to make room for the objective bell!  Here's a 4x Redfield IER on a S&K mount for my K31 using the Kwik Site rings.  I'm not sure the scope is in the right place yet,  I haven't put the assembly on the rifle as of yet.  I do know this is the only placement I can get with the rings because the slots on the mount are not evenly spaced.  #2 in the low height department is old style Bushnell rings.  The Bushnell rings are also thinner and will allow me to move the scope fore and aft as might be needed.

The old style Bushnell rings are like the ones shown in this auction.    (You need to Login to view media files and links) They are what I use with the Krag Haus mount on my rifles with the 2-7 LER scopes.

Rings in the position shown didn't work out with Redfield's idea of IER.  I mounted it up and had to move the scope back until the rear of the ocular bell was even with the last digit of the K31s serial number before I got proper eye relief.  There was still room for ejection but one couldn't load with a charger.  Oh well.  The guys at my local club would allow me to shoot it scoped, but that wouldn't cut it at the Vintage Match, I'd have to put the iron sight back on.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2019 at 7:40pm by madsenshooter »  

IP Logged

Tom Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2019 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Skirmisher, it is in 8x58R Danish Krag.

IP Logged

Baltimoreed
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2020 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
You can use a padded cheek cover to get your eye high enough. I used this on my krag scout.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint