Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Trigger Job (Read 862 times)
Cannoncocker
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Trigger Job
Nov 13th, 2019 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Need some help finding a dependable, reliable person to do a trigger job on my 1898. I shoot it often in CMP matches and need to keep it CMP compliant. A clean 3.75 lbs is what I'm looking for.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Trigger Job
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
I think you can just carefully stone the sear and striker to make it smoother.  That's what I did, but it was to remove a slight drag.  I shoot in local CMP matches all summer in addition to Camp Perry.

Krag's are already pretty match friendly... as opposed to, say, and Arisaka or Nagant (my son shoots my Arisaka T99 at Camp Perry, and the armorer laughs when he's trying unsuccessfully to get it to trip when weighing the trigger)!

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Trigger Job
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I have also used a stone to smooth and polish my trigger and sear and bolt to smooth action and lower trigger pull. You don't need to worry about the trigger on the Krag much. Smooth and polish the contact points if you can take the trigger group out and lubricate it all well. The Krag shoots well enough that you'll get more accuracy out of learning to control the trigger pull (press) and hold the sight picture well. I like the M1901 sight with the ladder raised and using one of the peep holes for sighting to 300 yards better than the M1902 sight with or without the Sgt Peep sight. Some do better with the M1902 sight. Try out what you have and see what works best!

Good luck and keep us informed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint