Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Is this gonna get me in trouble? (Read 3479 times)
RicKrager
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Is this gonna get me in trouble?
Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2019 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Hello FredC,
Thank you for your insight and the photo of your trigger fabrication. That was mighty fine work you did. I recall your comment that you did it 40-some years ago. My work on my trigger took place when I was working at a gunsmithing school . . . Hmmm. Over 40 years ago. My, how time flies when we are busy living life. I don’t recall any particular problems with the job but as far as engagement goes, I was then as now aware of the delicacy and concern regarding creating an unsafe condition. I guess you would have to shoot it to see what I achieved with both screws. Engagement is solid, release is smooth but firm. I should measure the trigger pull to see what it takes to release.

It’s not ‘jumpy’ or scary. It breaks clean and the over travel screw has not caused any interference with release. I understand your suggestion regarding a fixed screw but at least with the present set-up it is easy to adjust back if it seems necessary. As to looks, I am at peace with having a .30 cal shooter of modest yet effective performance. Below I show my latest find - a m1896 I found at a local gun show. Bolt & bore are bright & clean.

Be well and thank you. Rick

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Is this gonna get me in trouble?
Reply #16 - Dec 11th, 2019 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
I am sure you did your homework since you were in gunsmithing school at the time and 40 years and no problems tells a lot also. For other copying your work, my comments might be helpful.

I know we all will like to see more pictures, the experts here can tell you a lot of your Krag's history by seeing the details.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint