Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Modern Rifle Shooting (Read 863 times)
Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Modern Rifle Shooting
Dec 29th, 2019 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
A link to a 1903 book titled "Modern Rifle Shooting From An American Standpoint". Neat little section on the Krag rifle in the "Military Rifle" chapter starting on page 22. Includes reducing the drag on the Krag trigger. (I'll not do it!) Also, on page 18 it mentions drift.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)
l=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiRnIeQ_9vmAhUFWs0KHdPYDEcQ6AEwAHoEC
AUQAg#v=onepage&q=krag%20rifle%20sea%20girt&f=false

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Modern Rifle Shooting
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2019 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I have touted Dr. Walter Guy Hudson's tome in the past and posted material from it on the KCA Forum.

IMHO - It is worthwhile for Krag enthusiasts and shooters to get a 'Print On Demand' copy. It is inexpensive and a classic.

IP Logged

Cat Man
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Modern Rifle Shooting
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 12:28am
Print Post  
Back in the dim ages before the internet, I found an original hard cover of that nice little book. Paid far more for the book than my first Krag. But it is a very rare book.

Now you can down load it for free! What has happened to building a reference library to build your collecting knowledge ???????

Free Krag carbine sights made with a three D printer will be next. My Krag collection should be just about worthless by then.

Whew! That was a good rant.

CAT Man

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint