Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Powder, primer, bullet, brass Challenge (Read 2771 times)
Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Powder, primer, bullet, brass Challenge
Mar 13th, 2020 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
The challenge is to purchase at least one of the following in the next thirty plus days ending on April 30th.

Two 8 pound kegs of powder.  Any powder not just Krag powder, should be the same powder but doesn't have to be.
10 one pound bottles of powder.     Ditto   Doesn't have to be the same powder, i.e. 4 Varget, 3 4064, 3 IMR 4350.
A case of primers.  Your choice.
At least ten boxes of bullets.  Your call whether 50, 100, or 500 count boxes.
At least five bags of brass.  Again it does not have to be Krag related.

The above will put you in the "Sergeant George Berry" level as leaders in the charge forward for inalienable rights against the rights deniers.

And you do not have to acquire it all at once if funds are limited.  Just by the deadline.

Second catagory is 1LT J. J. Pershing level.

Any combination of the above list but less than the listed goals.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Powder, primer, bullet, brass Challenge
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 7:30am
Print Post  
We all shoot and we all run out of raw material towards that end.  This was supposed to be a way to get everyone in the swing of the new shooting season.  You did read the end date of April 30th, right?

You will observe in both levels only one item was required to gain that title.

Since you are referring to recent events with the hysteria of the Chinese Flu may I remind you of our near history in the shooting world of four, five, and six years ago.

Panic is when those who are ignorant and dumber than a box of hammers race out and buy up a load of stuff beyond what they would normally use if the same was spread out over a normal time period, i. e. your toilet paper.

Panic is also what shooters experienced when they miscalculated their shooting rate and the rate of replenishment in worst case scenarios.

Hoarding is a term used by losers who are subconciously angry at themselves for not properly calculating their shooting rate and the rate of replenishment in worst case scenarios and are jealous of those who did.  This would be the story of Aesop's Fables The Ant and the Grasshopper.

And there are the smart folks who have learned from history and the nature of man and the world in which he lives.  The Mormons, Amish, and my folks who were children of the Great Depression come to mind.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

But back to the challenge.  Can't buy 16 pounds, buy one or two 1 pounders if that is what you need for the season.  Can't buy ten 500 count boxes of bullets?  Buy two 50 counts.  Need primers?  Get a box of primers.  Get two if you can afford it.  They won't go bad.

I could go on but I feel the fun being sucked out of my soul having to defend what was supposed to be a fun challenge.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2020 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Hmmmmm  By this logic, I've been hoarding Krag brass and primers for years (I have a couple hundred #34s) cause after not being able to get stuff a few years ago... I ain't going through that again!  Now, I WISH I could get... or even afford 16 pounds of powder!  I planned on buying an 8 pound container of H4895 last year at Perry... and I couldn't even find a 1 pound can!  I have a couple pounds... but after I load for this years matches, I'm going to be plum out of the stuff!  I looked on all of the web sites, and no one has it in stock either!  I'm hoping I can find some here in the near future.

Now... as for the toilet paper (and Chuck's solution - OUCH) LOL!   Cheesy

IP Logged

TexTenn59
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
What if one already has more than that already?  Does that count?

Asking for a friend.  Cry

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
TexTenn59 wrote on Mar 15th, 2020 at 4:37pm:

Well, technically, no.  The challenge was to go out and add to your resources even if you could only afford just a little.

However I will add the "General Joseph Wheeler" level for those who have enough shoot every day of the year and not have to restock for a year or two.

Anyone notice a Span-Am theme here?

Wink

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
psteinmayer wrote on Mar 14th, 2020 at 2:06pm:
Hmmmmm  By this logic, I've been hoarding Krag brass and primers for years (I have a couple hundred #34s) cause after not being able to get stuff a few years ago... I ain't going through that again!  Now, I WISH I could get... or even afford 16 pounds of powder!  I planned on buying an 8 pound container of H4895 last year at Perry... and I couldn't even find a 1 pound can!  I have a couple pounds... but after I load for this years matches, I'm going to be plum out of the stuff!  I looked on all of the web sites, and no one has it in stock either!  I'm hoping I can find some here in the near future.

Now... as for the toilet paper (and Chuck's solution - OUCH) LOL!   Cheesy

I made the "Sergeant George Berry" level.  Yeah, I picked up sixteen pounds of H4895.  But I don't have a need for all of it. 

I wonder who I could find to split the order.  Oh the heart break of trying to find a deserving soul.  The agony of it all.

IP Logged

TexTenn59
KCA Forum Member

Krag Collector!

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Culpeper wrote on Mar 15th, 2020 at 7:56pm:
TexTenn59 wrote on Mar 15th, 2020 at 4:37pm:

Well, technically, no.  The challenge was to go out and add to your resources even if you could only afford just a little.

However I will add the "General Joseph Wheeler" level for those who have enough shoot every day of the year and not have to restock for a year or two.

Anyone notice a Span-Am theme here?

Wink

Just a year or two? No worries there.  Been caught short once, never again!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2020 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Exactly right.  I have enough I could shoot a leisurely 2000 shots a year for the next twenty years.  And that is not counting components.

Never get caught short again.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2020 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Culpeper wrote on Mar 15th, 2020 at 8:02pm:
I made the "Sergeant George Berry" level.  Yeah, I picked up sixteen pounds of H4895.  But I don't have a need for all of it. 

I wonder who I could find to split the order.  Oh the heart break of trying to find a deserving soul.  The agony of it all.

Hmmmmm  I wonder  Wink

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
I'll get with you at the Nationals.  We'll split the costs down the middle.

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2020 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
You got it!

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2020 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Bad news.  I just got the ol' "By the way... we were out when you ordered your powder email". Angry

Dang

Back to the no chanlenge status.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint