Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
test results as promised (Read 1982 times)
Capt. Frank
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

test results as promised
Mar 19th, 2020 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Finally got to test ammo. Results: used IMR 4350, H 4350 powders 40.0 grs., Hornady 220 gr. RN Interlock .308(#3090) bullets, Remington 9 1/2 primers, with 3.000 c.o.a.l., and case trim length 2.304. Both powders produced nearly identical   1 and a 1/4"x 1/2" groups at 100 yards (5mph quartering wind) Both groups were spread right to left not up and down, indicating shooter error, not ammo spread. The H 4350 group had 3 shots grouped 3/8" x 3/8", the IMR 4350 had 3 shots touching spaced  3/16". It appears that both powders will give nearly equal results with the Krag, much different than my 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, which does not like IMR 4350. I could not post pictures of my groups, tried to download cell phone pic from computer, and tried to scan, download groups, but got pics too large error when I attached the to thread.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: test results as promised
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Down load to your computer and resize using MS Paint. Save originals and rename and save-as the the down sized.

So if your file is 4 meg save-as xxxxxxxx-1 and resize to 25 percent horizontal and vertical and see what the resized file shows.  if it is 1 meg resize the second copy to 75 percent and see what ya got.  Play with it.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Ned Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2020 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Try imgur easy set up and you can resize on download or upload
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

CoRifleman
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2020 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Here is the picture of Franks results.  This is the IMR vs H 4350 comparison.

Shots were at 100yds

IP Logged

mavt
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2020 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Nice groups in all of Frank's posts.

As for posting pictures...I had to figure out how to resize mine before I could post them here.  After fiddling around a bit I found you can resize from Windows by right clicking on the picture while viewing it from your Documents/Pictures folder which brings up a menu including "Resize". Clicking that gives you options for Small, Medium, Large and Custom.  Tried Small and it worked fine.  It asks if you want you to save and automatically saves a copy so doesn't alter the original.  Was easier to do than describe it !

IP Logged

Capt. Frank
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2020 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Thank you I will try that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint