Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Krag carbine on armslist (Read 1047 times)
King carp
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Krag carbine on armslist
Mar 19th, 2020 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
To any of our members on Texas. I seen a interesting 1896 krag carbine for sale in Texas on armslist. It looked pretty good. He says it is 2 numbers away from a rough rider carbine. I know the golden rule of armslist is to see your purchase up close before buying. I have no way of doing that but thought maybe one of our members in the area might get a deal on it.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Krag carbine on armslist
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
I have never, ever, trusted Armslist for anything. It is the most abused and shifty thing out there.

But, that's just my opinion. I have read many instances of false listings and fraudulent descriptions.

I figure, if someone really wants to sell something legit, they'd use Gun Broker. It's not that difficult!

Please don't trust these things. I wouldn't even want to see someone face-to-face from an Armslist listing. Same as Craig's List. Too much fraud and crime associated with it.

Plus, as an example- 2 numbers away from a Rough Rider's documented carbine is as good as one thousand away. If it isn't listed, it isn't listed. At least, that's how we do it in real-ville!

Not meant as a criticism to you, King. Just sharing an opinion for others who might be tempted without any experience with these listings. Thanks for posting!

IP Logged

Rcat7147
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2020 at 12:19am
Print Post  
I’ve bought three rifles from Armslist and had no troubles.
Here’s the secret: gun stores and pawn shops also list their items on armslist.  I only buy from them, not the private sellers.
It’s easy enough to “Google Street View” a business and verify it’s legit.

And they were three very good deals  Wink

IP Logged

King carp
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2020 at 12:55am
Print Post  
I guess it could be a scam. I have no expeirience with armslist. I am taking care of my dad hunkered down because of this flu crap. I was bored and looking on the various internet sites. I thought if one of our members was near this guy they could get an up close look at it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint