Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Illinois Shelter In Place (Read 1821 times)
Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Illinois Shelter In Place
Mar 21st, 2020 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Illinois governor's order for "shelter in place" allows for gun and ammo dealers to stay open. It is required "essential" for them to remain open. I couldn't believe it as Illinois is overwhelmingly Democratic. I know that defeating the virus is most important, but this little tidbit surprised the heck out of me. I thought that Illinois wouldn't let this "crisis" go without more gun control. Of course, it ain't over yet.

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Re: Illinois Shelter In Place
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Let me get this right.  So if I was standing in an Illinois gun shop when the order came down I would be forced to shelter in the gun shop for the duration?

That's an order I could obey.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I haven't read the direct verbiage from the bill, but in Illinois you are "ok" to travel to a gun/ammo store as it is deemed essential for the safety and defense of the population. Just as you are "ok" to travel to get groceries as food is necessary for nourishment. There does not seem to be a lot of non-essential establishments that will need to close. (Includes beauty salons, health spas and that type.) My place of employment makes agricultural tires and it will remain open at this time because agriculture is essential and all the businesses that supports agriculture. Hardware stores stay open, any health supply establishments, food stores, charity, etc. will stay open.

But no, if you are in a gun store at 5 pm today , 3/21, when the law takes affect, you can only stay if the gun owner let's you. Otherwise, you need to go home unless you need to pick up something else essential as defined by the State. You will not find utopia in Illinois. But it does seem to have some common sense.

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Here is the section on firearms from the executive order, buried with many other items. Phrases may need to be better define, but here it is in black and white. Not sure if "Citizen Joe" can go to the store and buy something for themselves. Of course, "Citizen Joe" should have been ready for this a long time ago before a crisis happened. I will be driving by the biggest gun store in my neck of the woods today and I'll bet the parking lot will be overflowing as people have until 5 pm today before the executive order takes affect. No more joy riding, either. Lasts until 4/7.

"Supplies for Essential Businesses and Operations.  Businesses that sell, manufacture, or supply other Essential Businesses and Operations with the support or materials necessary to operate, including computers, audio and video electronics, household appliances; IT and telecommunication equipment; hardware, paint, flat glass; electrical, plumbing and heating material; sanitary equipment; personal hygiene products; food, food additives, ingredients and components; medical and orthopedic equipment; optics and photography equipment; diagnostics, food and beverages, chemicals, soaps and detergent; and firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security;"

IP Logged

Culpeper
KCA Forum Member

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Can't say I didn't try (to get one over).   Cheesy Wink Grin

We would have to stay in whatever building or bunker we happened to be in during a rocket attack up in Bagram.  We could only move when the all clear was announced.  The way some folks are acting you would think we were in London 1940 under the Blitz.

Sorry.  I just can't get wrapped around the axle over all of the hysteria.  I even saw some signs in the local store that caters to foreigners that there will be shipping problems coming from France.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of People Eating Tasty Animals (PETA).  (You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
You would like "my store". It has the usual black guns and hunting guns. It also has antique firearms, including an 1898 military Krag for $800 and an 1896 military Krag for $600. The 1896 is wrongfully listed as an 1898, which I pointed out to them.

(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Baltimoreed
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Looks like a nice place but I cannot find an actual address on their website. Assume they’re in Illinois.  I would probably never get there but you never know.

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2020 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Forreston, Illinois. North side of this village. Look under "Contact Us".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint