Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 1917A1 gas gun build. (Read 3082 times)
Baltimoreed
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

1917A1 gas gun build.
Apr 7th, 2020 at 1:41am
Print Post  
While a 1917 Browning is a tad late the fellow who sold me the gas gun parts for my build emailed me some pix of his latest build, a Potato Digger which is very correct for the Krag. Thought you would enjoy. Full auto, no atf and you don’t have to reload a thing but you do have to get your tanks refilled.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2020 at 12:54pm by Baltimoreed »  

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 1917A1 gas gun build.
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 3:15am
Print Post  
That's pretty neat 'Baltimoreed', but, please explain what a "gas gun" does?

Mock Firing Simulator?

I'm 'clueless'.

IP Logged

Baltimoreed
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 5:49am
Print Post  
That would be correct, uses propane and air mixed in a combustion chamber/barrel [1/2 in pipe] and a bit of electronics to open and close the 2 valves and make a spark to ignite the mix. The flame and report exits the barrel. Rate of ‘fire’ is controlled by adjusting the gas mix and ignition. A re-enactors toy. Figure it would be a neat prop at WB shoots. They usually use demilled weapons for these builds. Many years ago I saw a semi 1917a1 at the Raleigh gunshow for 5000.00, i wish I had bought it now.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Wow!

Looks like you could really cut the cheese with that gas gun!

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Wonder if a gas gun could be used to toast mosquitoes on the wing? There is water standing in the grass around my irrigation reservoir. A couple evenings ago I had to walk past the area, could hear the mosquitos several hundred yards before I got there, intensely loud when I got closer, almost ran to get away from there.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks for explaining.

I do like the mock Model 1895 Colt.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Here's the best way to get rid of mosquitoes:

IP Logged

mavt
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Picture above reminded me of this story from 2016:

A sharpshooter killed a top ISIS executioner and three other jihadists with a single bullet from nearly a mile away -- just seconds before the fiend was set to burn 12 hostages alive with a flamethrower, according to a new report.

The British Special Air Service marksman turned one of the most hated terrorists in Syria into a fireball by using a Barett .50-caliber rifle to strike a fuel tank affixed to the jihadi’s back, the UK’s Daily Star reported Sunday.

The pack exploded, killing the sadistic terrorist and three of his flunkies, who were supposed to film the execution, last month, the paper said.

The ISIS butcher -- who reportedly delighted in burning hostages alive -- had been on a US “kill list” for several months, sources told the paper, which did not identify the sniper or the executioner.

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Whig wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 2:12pm:
Here's the best way to get rid of mosquitoes:

What's not to like toasted mosquitoes and a suit to keep them from sneaking up from behind.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Do the Mosquitoes get large in Texas?

I thought they were big and bad in Michigan, but, last Summer in California's San Joachim Valley, I got a lesson!

The little 'buggers' took Liberal amounts of blood. I wasn't immune to their enzymes and the bites broke out into red welts. The bites cleared up in a couple hours, but, the itch was maddening, while it lasted!

Mosquitoes that size in Michigan are immature and can't bite. I gained respect for California rural areas and learned, that with Mosquitoes, Size Doesn't Matter!

IP Logged

FredC
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
You got me beat there, nowhere near that big. Sometimes they make some pretty big blood spots when you swat them. Hard to compare size when you have not been every where.
Last week there were a lot of them. Last night (10:00PM) I was pumping water out of that low spot and went out to turn off the pump, did not hear any mosquitoes but lots of frogs. The water early in the day looked like it was boiling, must have been tadpoles. Not sure if the mosquitoes had already gone to bed or the frogs and tadpoles had done them in.
Next time I am out there at dusk I will find out.

IP Logged

Baltimoreed
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 1917A1 gas gun build
Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2020 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
This is how my grip and trigger assembly turned out. In case there’s a problem with the switch I didn’t want it to be inaccessible with everything welded like I’m planning so I did it this way. There’s a piece of brass piano hinge between the vertical and horizontal plates. My first design had 8 screws, nuts and angle steel to hold the endplate on but nothing was welded. I will use one screw on the top to hold the end plate ‘door’ closed. Still waiting for an aluminum 2.5x24 inch plate to arrive that my gas controls will be mounted on. The recvr and water jacket will slide over it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint