Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Quite a Price for a Nice Condition Krag Bayonet (Read 4043 times)
King carp
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Quite a Price for a Nice Condition Krag Bayonet
Reply #15 - May 12th, 2020 at 12:24am
Print Post  
So two people with a lot of money outbid the world to get something they both wanted. That's fine. Unfortunatly now sellers will use this sale as a reason to inflate their prices. You will probably be seeing Krag bayonets with inflated prices soon on internet sites.  If you are not in a hurry you can usually find what you want at a fair price. As far as owning piles of guns, there is an old saying, "fear the man with one gun". (He probably knows how to use it well). KC.

IP Logged

Local Boy
KCA Forum Member
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #16 - May 12th, 2020 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Well said guys...I've also learned so much from the fellows (new and old) on this forum.

I just wish I had the money to finally fly on down to Perry and meet you guys!

I'm sure I would have a GREAT time!!!

IP Logged

psteinmayer
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #17 - May 12th, 2020 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
I appreciate the kind words gents.  I guess I was really just venting because some very greedy people would allow this to happen (namely, the seller who probably knows what it's worth and is rubbing his hands together laughing... and the buyers who have more money than God, and don't mind spending it to possess Midas's gold)!

Everything I know... I learned from people here, like Chuck, Dick, Ned, Bob, etc., the guys who welcomed me and helped me when I first joined this forum almost a decade ago.  Frankly, I don't even visit other forums anymore (heck, in addition to the fights, animosity and information overload on Culvers, I've also gotten a computer virus and got hacked).  I've always said, the very best information and the very best people are right here, and I cherish the friends I've made here!!! 

Oh, and I would LOVE to meet and shoot with you all at Perry!  (BTW, I save all year to afford Perry, and fortunately it's only a couple hour drive for me.)

By the way, if I offended anyone who collects... I apologize.  I did not intend to say anything against collecting or people who do collect.  Most of the amazing people here that I learned from ARE collectors!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint