Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 1899 carbine project (Read 6289 times)
Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 1899 carbine project
Reply #15 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 8:58am
Print Post  
That Mannlicher style stock up to or so close to the muzzle always has made me shiver a little bit since it is so unusual (bizarre) and different from the typical style like the Krags.

I don't think I own any rifles with stocks like that but they certainly are a unique looking style. The Krag looks so Dapper next to your Mauser!

Long Live The Krag!!

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: 1899 carbine project
Reply #16 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
That's a mighty nice model 1894 Swedish Carbine! They are pretty rare to see without the 1914 bayonet fitting.

The Swedish carbine has long been one of my favorite arms.
When I was a kid, there was one in the gun-rack at the local Montgomery Ward's Store. It was there for years, priced at $21. My Dad didn't let me buy it because ammo was so expensive, ($3.25 for a box of 20 rounds)!

attached photos:

30 years ago, I bought a 'sporterized' Swedish carbine for $85.00, with six boxes of Norma ammo. I was able to scrounge up parts to restore it.
Krag model 1899 carbine was also restored from 'butchered stock' Deer Rifle.
British 'Jungle Carbine' is 'minty'. The way they use to sell for $35 in the late 1960's.

I've long been a sucker for Full-Power carbines.

Heavy is Good for the shooter! The Swede and the Krag are a lot more pleasant to shoot than the lighter British carbine.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2020 at 4:52pm by butlersrangers »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint