Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
gun sales (Read 1579 times)
Capt. Frank
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

gun sales
Jun 28th, 2020 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Knute1
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: gun sales
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:15am
Print Post  
I can't believe the number of people that have come to me about purchasing their first firearms. People who have asked me in the past "what are your afraid of that you need a gun?" I usually respond to them that I am not afraid because I do own firearms  and that is the best I can do to defend myself and family. Then I ask them why are they afraid of me owning a gun? Do they think I will shoot them? They tell me they aren't afraid of that. So.........there is no problem then is there?

I have even had people strongly suggest that I loan them a gun since they are scarce to buy. But I can't legally do that and wouldn't want to be responsible for their misuse of my firearm. I also tell them they can't shoot somebody for stealing their American flag. They wouldn't even get work release for that.

I go along with what Phil Robertson says will get us through this crisis:  Love thy neighbor as yourself.

But we still have the right to defend ourselves from those that wish us harm.

IP Logged

Whig
KCA Official Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:43am
Print Post  
I just read an article in a gun magazine about a salesman at a gun store that has been so busy recently because new people are coming in wanting to buy their first gun. He is concerned that many of these people have never handled, much less fired, a firearm and, because of the Covid crap, they are not allowed to have their range open to teach people safe handling and shooting.

He said that he reluctantly has turned down a few people who wanted guns because they seemed so inept and he didn't want that responsibility on him.

But, he said, he knew that they would just go to the next gun store and buy what they wanted.

I'm a firm believer of lots and lots of proper training and shooting experience before carrying a concealed firearm for protection. As much as I believe that we should be able to buy and own and shoot without govt interference, we should encourage others to get proper training before they should be allowed to carry.

Tough world out there. Great that more people are buying and shooting but it needs to be done with common sense, something severely lacking in today's culture.

IP Logged

RicKrager
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 4:43am
Print Post  
Last year I began a process that has developed with the assistance an NRA RSO/Instructor and a lady in town who had enjoyed shooting many years previously. The two of them put the wheels in motion to revitalize an earlier ladies shooting group. The plan was to provide instruction and reintroduction to hand-gunning with preps to gain RSO status for the ladies without the gents being involved, freeing them to conduct their own affairs. Once they are comfortable as a group of individuals they can attend any scheduled matches or even sponsor their own. Hopefully they will allow the guys to attend.

No woman should be kept from gaining proficiency in sport and self-defense shooting through apprehension. Nor should they face trying to teach themselves a subject they don’t know. There were two classes with 20 attending each night followed by two range days, four hours each day pistols in hand. This was quite successful and should be encouraged by every experienced shooter.

Many may prefer rifle as a starter, also excellent. Proper introduction to shooting with a strong emphasis on safety is really important with so many new shooters out there. Having grown up around firearms we might forget how much we have learned that can be shared to the benefit of all.

IP Logged

Capt. Frank
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
I work part time in a gun store in Delaware. We offer a hand gun beginner course, most of the new gun owners, sign up for it.
Maybe first time liberal gun purchasers are smarter than we think.
We also spend all the time necessary to teach them: the gun safety rules, proper grip, use and features of the pistol they buy.

IP Logged

butlersrangers
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Get them to join the NRA!

IP Logged

RicKrager
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Butlersrangers,

Amen to that. I no longer send money to political causes, I’d rather support the NRA as they manifest our interests with action. I also buy ammo and components.

IP Logged

waterman
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
RicKrager wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 4:43am:
Last year I began a process that has developed with the assistance an NRA RSO/Instructor and a lady in town who had enjoyed shooting many years previously. The two of them put the wheels in motion to revitalize an earlier ladies shooting group. The plan was to provide instruction and reintroduction to hand-gunning with preps to gain RSO status for the ladies without the gents being involved, freeing them to conduct their own affairs. Once they are comfortable as a group of individuals they can attend any scheduled matches or even sponsor their own. Hopefully they will allow the guys to attend.

No woman should be kept from gaining proficiency in sport and self-defense shooting through apprehension. Nor should they face trying to teach themselves a subject they don’t know. There were two classes with 20 attending each night followed by two range days, four hours each day pistols in hand. This was quite successful and should be encouraged by every experienced shooter.

Many may prefer rifle as a starter, also excellent. Proper introduction to shooting with a strong emphasis on safety is really important with so many new shooters out there. Having grown up around firearms we might forget how much we have learned that can be shared to the benefit of all.

OK, that takes care of 2 of the 31 sexes that Whig told us about.  What about the other 29? 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint