Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gander Krag (Read 5142 times)
Super Toaster
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Gander Krag
Nov 22nd, 2009 at 5:28am
Print Post  
I bought a Krag today from Gander Mountain for $300. I thought I'd check with the experts to see if it has been sporterized.
(You need to Login to view media files and links)
(You need to Login to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cdagnese
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Re: Gander Krag
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2009 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
The fore stock has been cut.  The Redfield apeture sight is an add-on.  What's the serial number?

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 3:52am
Print Post  
I'm confused - this is not the first time that someone has responded to a post that, on my computer shows ABSOLUTELY NO indication that pic(s) are/were attached. yet the responder has obviously seen something. In this case it may be that Carl went the Gander Mtn. website?

And, sorry, but once again I have to ask - WHY solicit the opinion of "the experts" AFTER one has bought something?
I guess it is a fear of claim-jumping; that is the only explanation I can come up with. But, over 40 years, I've had to break the news to a LOT of people that they didn't choose very wisely.

IP Logged

Ned Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Dick, are you logged in when you try to view the pictures?
I just looked at this thread before logging in and saw nothing, but after logging in the pictures came up.
Also we do have a back up program in place now.

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Ned - good question! - I THINK I am, since I have activated the "log me in automatically" feature, and the forum DOES greet me by name.

But, I'll have to check that possibility. I'm using an ancient (1998 vintage) Macintosh, and it is getting less and less Internet-compatable by the day. I'm sure that whatever "problem" exists is at my end.

Every time I get some money ahead, another rifle comes along. Two weeks ago it was an original .50-60 rimfire Springfield-Joslyn. I've had the .50-70 CF conversion for years, but the RF always eluded me. First metallic cartridge rifle made (in quantity) at SA.

IP Logged

cdagnese
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Dick:

I bet if you sign in manually, the photos will show.  You really need to get rid of that antique Mac and update to a fairly new IBM based PC.  I'm surprised that your browser can even get on the internet.  I usually buy mine from (You need to Login to view media files and links);  I get only factory reconditioned HP equipment.  It's a good deal.

And, by the way, Super Toaster, if Gander advertised that rifle as an original, you've been had.

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Sorry, but my next computer will be another Mac. I use a Windoze machine (2008 Dell laptop) at our - mostly my wife's - antique store, and I HATE it. Part of that could be because she INSISTS on using AOL, which - IMHO - is an invasive parasite, interposing itself, and causing slowdowns at every level.

Have not yet tried signing in manually - but I can see pics at all of those posts with the paperclip icon. Does this thread show an icon on the menu?

IP Logged

Ned Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Reply #7 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Well Dick it might be your computer if you can see some pictures and not others. Some one with more computer savy than I might know why, but I haven't a clue!! Sorry!!
Sent an email to our webmaster to see if he has some input.
Can you see this one? (sorry my Krag pics are on my desk top!)

IP Logged

tanker
KCA Forum Member

Krag Enthusiast!

Reply #8 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Dick the post had no attachment clip until Ned posted his pics. The only difference I can tell is from the different properties of each picture. the original post was linked through a photobucket site and Neds are linked through kragcollectorsassociation. I can see both of them so as you suspect it most likely is at your end. Regardless the '98 rifle appear to be a shortened length rifle with it appears an '03 front sight, 1902 rear sight, a redfield aftermarket peep (sideplate screw type) and an altered rifle stock shortened in a rather unpleasing way with what appear to be a non standard no sling swivel front band. Possibly a good shooter but collector value nil, IMO.

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Reply #9 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Tanker, I think you've probably nailed it - I'll bet it DOES depend on where the pics are hosted. Interesting comment that you could not see a paper-clip icon, either, BUT could still view the pictures of the Gander Mtn. rifle. Ned's last pic (funny-looking Krags!) showed up just fine.

Well, just as soon as interesting guns stop finding me, I'll have to do something about the old computer, I guess!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo