Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Who Is Wallace Bienfield? (Read 1610 times)
Ned Butts
KCA Forum Admin
KCA Official Member

Krag enthusiast!

Who Is Wallace Bienfield?
May 23rd, 2010 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
I asked a question about the "PC" carbine listed on AA as "authenticated"
Hello, I would be interested to know how this was ""authenticated"" Thank you,
And this was his answer
By Wallace Bienfield
Can any one tell me who this is and how he could "authenticate" a PC carbine?

IP Logged

Dick Hosmer
KCA Official Member

Collector of Springfield
Arms, 1865-1915

Re: Who Is Wallace Bienfield?
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2010 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
I do not know the man, in fact have never met him - following is based on 40+ years of peripheral observation of some of the people who DO know him.

FACT: Wallace Beinfield is the promoter of the big, high-end, Las Vegas gunshows. He has been such for as long as I can remember.

OPINION:  He probably knows a GREAT deal about making money, and certainly knows ALL the movers and shakers - intimately.

OPINION:  I have NO idea of his personal level of gun knowledge, but, my hackles just went up. He sees "high-end" guns on a daily basis, and has doubtless acquired a few. But, to have it said that a gun is OK "because Wally said so" would send me scurrying for my reference material. I am not aware that he has ever been cited as a Springfield authority.

OPINION:  For many years, the late Jonathan Peck was well known as a Colt and Winchester collector. Then, one day, after U.S. military arms had been finally been acknowledged as collectibles, he suddenly came forth as knowing all about trapdoors. Well, sadly not so, and some "strange" guns were found in his estate.

OPINION:  Parallel case? I have NO idea, but I would certainly do my homework, when a "personality" suddenly exposes a bunch of top-dollar pieces. That is why I asked Ned for the serial number of the BoOF. Is it one of the nineteen known specimens, or a new discovery?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo